Switching Receiver locations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sparty10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Can anyone help with an issue I’m having. I have a HR44 DVR receiver and a 4K receiver. I’ve moved locations of my 4K tv and want to swap the receivers around. Whenever I try hooking it up with the receivers in different locations I get an error message. Is there a step I’m missing?

Can you be more specific as to the problem? Are you only swapping locations of the HR44 and the client? What is the error message? BTW, you will need an HR54 to get 4k on the tv.

I know I have the right 4K receiver because it worked on the tv at the old location. I believe it’s a 4K mini client.

Sorry I just looked it is an HR54 I have as the main DVR unit.

The error message is basically no signal or something along those lines. I’ll swap them here in a bit and post the exact message. But yes the gist is I’m just switching client locations with a clean swap for the HR54 and 4K Mini client

The HR44 may be powering the LNB so you may need to swap the coax at the splitter so that the coax that is feeding the HR44 is connected to the red power passing port on the splitter.

Last edited:
The HR44 may be powering the LNB so you may need to swap the coax at the splitter so that the coax that is feeding the HR44 is connected to the red power passing port on the splitter.
HR44s don't have a built in power supply, they require a power inserter. An H44 does have one built in.

Just noticed in his last reply he said it is a HR54 so it may be that he does need to swap the coax at the splitter since the HR54 does provide power to the LNB unless he is using a separate power inserter.

So you thinking switching around the coax’s where they all run in at the attic (main hub) would most likely solve my issue?

Depends on how it is hooked up. If you have a simple splitter setup, then maybe. Maybe you could take a picture or sketch out your wiring and setup. Do you know if you have one line from the dish to a splitter and then one coax to each receiver location?

IMG_1105.JPG

Looks like one main in then split off to 3 receivers in the house.

The line from your HR54 has to connect on the splitter where it shows a red line since it supplies power to the lnb at the dish. If you move the HR54, you have to move the line to the splitter.

Reactions: Hideftv
Just noticed in his last reply he said it is a HR54 so it may be that he does need to swap the coax at the splitter since the HR54 does provide power to the LNB unless he is using a separate power inserter.
Apparently he edited his post. That changes things!

Reactions: Hideftv
Yes as Raoul says, can you tell if the coax on the left side of the splitter (the one with the blue at the base of the connector goes to the location where the HR54 was originally?

Yes as Raoul says, can you tell if the coax on the left side of the splitter (the one with the blue at the base of the connector goes to the location where the HR54 was originally?

The blue one does connect to the HR54

The line from the HR54 has to connect on the splitter where the red line is.

So i can’t just swap the blue line one with the room I want to move it to?

The HR54 is what provides power to the lnb at the dish. It must be connected to the port on the splitter that has the red line on it. It's that simple.

Let us know if everything works after you swap the boxes.

So i can’t just swap the blue line one with the room I want to move it to?

Yes you should be able to swap the coax with the blue base with the coax that goes to the room that you are moving the HR54 to. The HR54 has to be connected to the port on the left side of the splitter. It allows power to pass back through the splitter to the LNB on the dish. The reason I asked if the HR54 was connected to the coax with the blue base was to check to see if you had a power inserter installed instead of using the HR54.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)