Switching to Directv finally

Yeah that assuming that 922 will be made available soon. Also how many features will not show up in the shipping version vs the version shown at CES

Dish has a history of making a great grand showing at CES and then never really delivering the goods.

What other provider is even talking about these features let alone having a working model they will be offering, "soon"?

The verdict is in.

I called Dish Network to cancel their service and they agreed to upgrade my service to America's top 200 along with the HD silver channels for free for 6 months along with throwing in HBO and Starz free for 3 months. All for the same price as I'm currently paying with America's top 100 with DVR advantage. I'll go ahead and pay them now. I was withholding payment to them for this month because of being about to switch to Directv.

This gives me until this summer to make up my mind and get a bunch more channels. :) I now have to cancel my order for Directv and I'll decide about them later if Dish Network doesn't have Fox News channel by this summer. The CSR in the cancelation department told me he had no idea when they will have Fox News HD and didn't want to say anything only to have people be disappointed which is a great answer. On top of that it's snowing constantly here in northeast Ohio and for Directv to have to remove my Dish Network satellites plug the holes they made plus install theirs in this freezing cold weather would be a lot of trouble. Also I like my ViP612 DVR.

I'm still a little disappointed though but I'll live with it for a little longer.

If I could have skimmed Dish for six months of free service, I would have stayed. Oh that's right, I don't like handouts, especially if I didn't earn them. You didn't like your service at the time and that's fine, people and things change. But you should'nt get on this forum causing a brouhaha about how your leaving, making an appointment and finally doing absolutely nothing. It is pay tv, not a liver transplant. People are getting laidoff everyday in this country and you want a handout over pay tv. Why don't you just do yourself a favor and read a book or get a real hobby as you have wasted everyones time by starting this discussion. As far as I am concerned, I lived up to what I said I would do. I swapped to Direct today and will give Dish the boot by the end of the week, all in the name of saving money and not being strung along like a puppet. Good luck to you and all of your lolly gagging.:down

I'm free to say what I want to say and do what I want to do and if for some reason it made you get all worked up antdogg that's your problem. Don't try to tell people what they can and can't post on here about satellite TV. Good for you if you moved to Directv.

And as far as looking for a handout??? I didn't ask them for anything. They offered it under some pressure because I know they'll start trouble over my contract. I still have my appointment with Directv also so if Dish Network doesn't get Fox News channel I'm probably going to keep it.

Currently everything is a race for who can get HD channels and Directv has already won that pretty much. Even with the extra channels Dish Network gave me I'm still not happy. I'll give them a little longer because it takes time to get capacity for all the new channels. I'm still paying for Dish Network but they discounted the next highest package for 6 months. It's not like I'm not going to have to pay for it. I'll see how my bill looks next month to. I'm paid all the way until February 24th.

This is not true at all. Why do you think they added all of those PPV's a few months back?
Pretty much everyone believes it was so they could shut them down on Sundays for NFL ST instead of whacking live channels like they used to do.
It is these channels that will be replaced by other channels as they come.
It sure isn't happening very fast given all that bandwidth that has recently been freed up, is it?

Pretty much everyone believes it was so they could shut them down on Sundays for NFL ST instead of whacking live channels like they used to do.It sure isn't happening very fast given all that bandwidth that has recently been freed up, is it?

... or they use the bandwidth the rest of the week and put extra HD PPV selections on there when they are not being used so that they aren't jsut having dead bandwidth when there isn't a game on... I just like to think of it that way, makes me feel good inside. :D

What other provider is even talking about these features let alone having a working model they will be offering, "soon"?

Key word there is talk, and Soon.

I have a whole closet of E* broken promises. I hope that the 922 comes out with all the features shown at CES but history tends to repeat it self. The 922 will come out but with half the features it showed in CES.

Key word there is talk, and Soon.

I have a whole closet of E* broken promises. I hope that the 922 comes out with all the features shown at CES but history tends to repeat it self. The 922 will come out but with half the features it showed in CES.

Thats just it, both providers have a history of overhyping and underdelivering...D* overhypes, E* underdelivers...you pick your poison with either of these two...

But yes, I'm still waiting on my home media center, by superdish and HDTV for 999.99, and my 'every single HD channel available' (or even just 100 or 150 channels) just like you are... ;)

Thats just it, both providers have a history of overhyping and underdelivering...D* overhypes, E* underdelivers...you pick your poison with either of these two...

But yes, I'm still waiting on my home media center, by superdish and HDTV for 999.99, and my 'every single HD channel available' (or even just 100 or 150 channels) just like you are... ;)

You got that "superdish" too huh?:p

I have both dish and direc. HD the same on both. SD slightly better on Direc.

Dvr''much'' better on Dish. Still dont care for Direcs Dvrs. They are just slow and clunky.
But, that said, I could not live without Direcs superior sports programming.
Being a transplanted New Yorker living in South Florida I get to catch all MSG programming. Thats a treat.