SWM-8 two receivers same location one cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tekati

Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
California
I jumped on board the DirecTV train Friday and a not so professional installer came out to hook up my system. I have a receiver from my brother and it is a HR20-700 and I asked the installer what I needed to hook it up. He said he would have to charge me to hook it up as it was not on the original order to install customer equipment.

So my question is this. He changed the LNB's on the existing antenna that was already present. Hooked one cable to the antenna through the wall plugged in a power supply went back out the wall all the way around the house to the cable box on the side of the house. So now I have three receivers that are hooked up with a single cable in three different rooms and in the main living area I want to hook up two receivers so that I can get shows when there are more then 2 shows at the same time that I want to record.

What would I need to do there? I only have 1 cable coming out of the wall from the cable box on the side of the house going straight in to the NEW HD DVR box that the installer installed. I would like to add that additional HR20-700 to that same location. Can that single line be spit using some sort of splitter or do I have to run another line all the way around the house from the cable box outside to this receiver?

I hope that explained the situation well enough.

You should be able to use a SWM approved splitter on the line to the existing receiver and run the second. At this point it doesn't sound like you've used up the 8 tuner (count every HD DVR as 2 tuners each) capability of your new SWM LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts