SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Ok guys,
I need some help/advice ....

I have a D* set up at the 5th wheel at the campground.
Signal is fine, high 80's mid 90's.

Heres where my issues are coming from.
In the last week I have changed the home over to the SWM set up.
All recvrs working fine.

I took a H20 out to the campground today at use this weekend.
When I set it up as I always would, I went into the menus to Repeat Sat Set Up because I didn't expect it to work with the dish at the campground (which it didn't) campground is a Slimline 5 .....
When I got into the Sat set up once you hit the checkmark, it shows the Dish configure page, where you would select the correct dish in the background and sits at Please wait ...... forever .... and times out and goes to screen saver, coming out of screen saver it will resume Please wait , waited about a half an hour and retried.

I am unable to change the DISH back to the SLIMLINE from the SWM because the screen changes so quickly.

I know that when I hooked up my SWM at home when I went into set up, it changed to SWM right away once it detected it, a few seconds.

Is there a trick to get this H20 back to SLIMLINE anything special I need to do ?

My switch to SWM went smooth, going back for the 5th wheel is anything but.

I ended up talking with a local D* installer who said they have had a lot of trouble with going back to regular set ups from a SWM.

He suggested doing a software download and letting it come up as it should detect setting and go back to the Slimline then.
All went well D/L completed but hung up on "Searching for Signal" for like 15 minutes and would go no farther.

Then suggested doing a system reset everything ...
Did that and still didn't help.

Next step, call D* and see about a new recvr.

At this point, I will upgrade to another HD DVR HR24 provided D* will send me one.
Hopefully they will compensate me on the cost.

Well, you know Jimbo they can't promise you an HR24. Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy a SWiM lNB for your camping dish? Or are you using a community dish at the campground??

You are sure the dish is connected correctly? It's going through a multiswitch or is it direct wired to the LNB?

I've done it a few times and never had a problem (from swm to traditional). I have always changed the satellite config first, before doing the change. Mostly comes up when camping and stuff.

I've done it a few times and never had a problem (from swm to traditional). I have always changed the satellite config first, before doing the change. Mostly comes up when camping and stuff.

I'm in the same boat as what your talking, but the house now has SWM and the camping set is traditional.

Were you able to change it once you had it hooked up to the traditional one ?

Mine was set up with SWM, took it to the 5th wheel and set everything up, whenI got to the Reset Sat menus, as soon as I got to the menu where you would change back to 04 Slimline, the Please Wait message showed up and I could go no farther.

Looks like the box is toast as it won't power up anymore when the D* tech support had me go thru all the stuff I had already tried.

Were trying to settle on a replacement, I want to upgrade, they don't want to help, at all.

Waiting for them to get back with me, with in 24 hours ... :rolleyes:
How late/early do they call.

Told them I would have liked to use this this weekend, they said Sat at earliest .... in the middle of the holiday weekend, they want me to be home for someone to drop these off.
I guess I'll cancel my weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)