swm and other questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigike74

Original poster
May 24, 2010
Dallas
Hi, am totally blind and your forums are easy to use for me with my screen reader. . I am wondering is there a way to use the new h24 with out utilizing swm. Also, in the sl5 configuration the two side cart l&b's picked up what satelites, and is there other sl5 configs with out the side cart. Is the sidecart reliable and can it receive high deffinition. Is the satelite sl3 the same shape as the sl5, and can you just slip that 5 l&b on up in the sl3 dish. And last but not least, is there one of the satelites dishes that gives the best signal?Thanks for taking my questions

Don't know much about dishes but the 24 models are the same as all of the others as far as compatibility is concerned. They don't need SWM unless you're doing a MRV set up with DECA.

Hi, am totally blind and your forums are easy to use for me with my screen reader. .

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome

I am wondering is there a way to use the new h24 with out utilizing swm.

Yes with a slimline 3 or 5 lnb. You would need a bbc inline.

Also, in the sl5 configuration the two side cart l&b's picked up what satelites, and is there other sl5 configs with out the side cart.

The 5lnb picks up the 99,101,103,110,119 satellites.

New sl5's aren't sidecars, but an all in one lnb like this.

Is the sidecart reliable and can it receive high deffinition. Is the satelite sl3 the same shape as the sl5, and can you just slip that 5 l&b on up in the sl3 dish.

Reliable? They can be, but Directv is replacing them.

HD, yes they do get HD

sl3 had less "horns" on it. so no its a little different shaped.

And last but not least, is there one of the satelites dishes that gives the best signal?Thanks for taking my questions

Yes, I really find best results using SWM3 lnbs with the slimeline dish. BUT, you might need a SWM 5 lnb if you area requires it, and that one is just fine as well.

swm with switch

Hi, is the max that a swm will allow 8 outputs and what kind of switch do you have to use

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)