SWM install requested

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DireTV is only offering SWM to brand new customers getting HD and that will need more than 5 lines to the reveiver (each DVR counting as 2). Some techs will do the SWM but it can result in a failed QC and a charge back to the tech.

I work for skylink too. We are not all inbred morons. It will work from 200 feet. You may need the bigger power supply but it will work. As far as getting a swm install it is a total crapshoot as far as what diretv sets you up with. As far as a slimline working at that distance it will work as well I have run them farther than that without any problems provided you have solid copper wire and not the garbage dish usually uses. I do know that company policy as far as skylink is concerned is that if swm is not on the order it don't go in. You can get it installed anyway but it is a custom charge of $136.00. If the tech puts it in while not on the order he can get popped for a $100.00 charge. If that is too steep you can always pick up a swm lnb and power supply off e-bay much cheaper. Just be careful and dont get a WNC lnb. They freeze up when the temp gets below 0. Which won't be a problem till next winter but believe me it sucks. We learned that one the hard way this winter. Look for an aspen eagle or an andrews model.

My son got D* installed this past weekend. When he placed the order he told them SWM or nothing. Called again a couple days before the install to make sure it was on the order and was told it wad. Didn't call installation company to see what they had on the order and when the installer showed up no SWM install noted anywhere. He showed the installer where the cable runs needed to go, what a PITA it would be to to install new runs and if no SWM to cancel the order. He was on the phone back to the office for 20 minutes but he got the SWM LNB installed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)