Swype Android Beta Re-opened

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Swype has re-opened beta testing on their Android app (as well as updated it for existing testers.) You can sign up and download it here:

http://beta.swype.com/

If you really want this I wouldn't delay in trying to download it as they probably won't leave this open for too long.

best app on my android by a mile, from a productivity and usefulness standpoint.
Agreed. I've only used it for a few hours and I love it. I think this app may convince my dad to keep his EVO because typing on this is SOOOOO much easier and even fun at times. I'll gladly pay for this app once it's finally released.

I'd pay $20 for Swype. Whatever their price I'll likely be willing to pay it. I am to the point where I am swyping some words without even looking at the keyboard, which is a strange thing to be able to say/do given there's keys to use as reference.

I love swype. However I think there "super protective" ungodly over abused security protected download method is insane.

You download one .apk, which downloads another .apk which integrates into the OS. Its not hard to find the .apk that the the first .apk downloads. Plus it verifies your account via a username/password.

Is all of this really needed?

I like it, but need to figure out a few more things with it. Its AI is pretty good though.

When you want to type two letters together, as in the o's in good, how do you swipe it to do that?

you just kind of make little circles there on the letter you want to double. I've been swyping for several days now - I'm not great at texting and have been enjoying the speech to text function of the Droid, but there are times when there is a "connection problem" and I can't use speech to text at the moment. Swype has been great. I miss letters and misspell words, but somehow the thing knows what word I was shooting for. My wife and my son both got into the beta too and they are loving the swype. Of course, they are pro's at texting anyway so this just made'em faster.

By the way, Rocky - you can go to the Swype website and watch their tips and tricks video's for a lot of helpful information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)