SYNOQ SR1: new FTA receiver from DMS International

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Connection to Rick's site is also ok here.

Seems like the product is going through the evolutionary experience with satellite/transponder/channel list management that both the X2 and HDVR1200 have been challenged with over the past few years using the same chipset. The reported fast channel logging and scan time looks to be the same as the X2 and HDVR1200 units.

Be interesting to compare these 3 units (SR1, X2 and HDVR1200) in side by side tests. On paper, they are very similar and use the same chipset but certainly different features, connections and price tags.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Take cover Scott the Russians are coming for ya :) working here. However did you come thur a search engine?

I have both an X2 and HDVR1200... for me, the X2 works better, but I only use the basic functions, none of the "features". Basically I scan and tune and watch TV. For that the X2 seems more responsive and more intuitive in the controls(remote keys). So easy to switch to a Sat, delete all TP's, and start a blind scan. As a matter of fact I have just recently switched the HDVR1200 out and put back the MicroHD in its place.
I use X2 for the C-band dish, and Micro/HDVR for the Ku Dish. I run the USALS for the Ku motor. The c-band I just have a V-box connected by itself, the receiver goes direct to the LNBF. Only because I need to get maximum signal from the C-band because of the small(6 foot) dish.
An un-biased side-by-side of all 3 would be nice to see.

Connection to Rick's site is also ok here.

Seems like the product is going through the evolutionary experience with satellite/transponder/channel list management that both the X2 and HDVR1200 have been challenged with over the past few years using the same chipset. The reported fast channel logging and scan time looks to be the same as the X2 and HDVR1200 units.

Be interesting to compare these 3 units (SR1, X2 and HDVR1200) in side by side tests. On paper, they are very similar and use the same chipset but certainly different features, connections and price tags.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Anyone testing the SR1 STB?

What does the SD picture quantity look like on the deinterlaced 720 or 1080p output. Does the SR1 fix the Novatek deinterlace issues reported on the X2 and HDVR1200 STBs or does the deinterlaced standard definition 480i/576i video have the lines and jaggies when viewed on the HDMI progressive scan output resolutions?

Been curious about this myself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts