System outage planned this weekend.

So now I am working on getting ready to transfer things.

Since this server is also our DNS server I am moving our DNS records over to GoDaddy. This could take awhile to propagate and can cause issues.

But I am setting the TTL to low now so when I do move us, the cutover will be rather quick. :)

Ok missing graphics are back. :D

The thing that is holding me back now is waiting for the DNS to update. Once that starts going out I can start moving us to the new server.

Scott your care of this site over the many years is unparalleled. Thank-you. :hatsoff

Scott your care of this site over the many years is unparalleled. Thank-you. :hatsoff
This is my baby. It's like those who have a classic car, you want to keep it up to keep it running the best it can be.

I could be like other sites and just set it up and let it run, but what fun is that?

It's a labor of love. :D

This is just a heads up

When I try to post I get an error message saying you can't post...but then it posts...problem is I tried the same post 4 or 5 times thinking it didnt go..all attempts showed up as posts despite the error message

Well while I am waiting for the DNS issue to work itself out I am going to go take a break and get something to eat. I really have been sitting here since 4:30 am. :D

If the DNS issue does not solve itself by 7 PM ET, then I will keep the site running as is. (Which seems ok now...) and will move it tomorrow night when I get home from work.

This is just a heads up

When I try to post I get an error message saying you can't post...but then it posts...problem is I tried the same post 4 or 5 times thinking it didnt go..all attempts showed up as posts despite the error message
If you see it again try posting a screen shot. It happened to me once and said that PHP was missing a module and let me know which one... so I installed it into PHP and haven't seen that error again. :D

Reactions: Foxbat
Exactly what happened to me when we first came back.
As I said some things are still not working. But we are working on it. :D
And you fixed something. My "like" of navy's post did in fact show up even though I couldn't see it before.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We were down again for a few minutes.

Support contacted me and said they had an idea and wanted to try something as they don’t want this issue happening to anyone else.

So I said sure. Was eating my Father’s Day dinner and when I was done came to the site to find a database error and the site down.

Guess that fix didn’t work. Lol!

I am not touching the server again tonight. Nor am I letting support back in.

We will move things tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)