Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
First I would like to THANK YOU for visiting SatelliteGuys.US! I never expected us to get so popular so fast!

This month is only halfway done and we have almost used the same amount on bandwidth we used last month for the entire month!

In order to better control bandwidth costs I have worked most of the day with our ISP F5hosting.COM to help lower the bandwidth use while still offering you all the features you have come to know and love. :)

As some of the changes you will notice that in each message you will only see a users avatar and tagline once in each thread. This reduction will greatly bring down our bandwidth usage.

You will also notice that in each thread instead of their being 25 replies shown now there is only 10 shown per page. Now when you look at a message at the bottom of the page you will not have to wade through 24 other messages to get to the bottom. This reduction saves you time and saves on bandwidth. :)

A few other things have been done in the backround to help curb the bandwidth as well.

At the moment the download section is not working as our ISP is working on something to conserve bandwidth there as well. It will be back online ASAP.

Our thanks go to the folks at F5Hosting for their help, and our thanks to our pub members who donated to help keep this site free for all. :)

Ok thanks to Michael at F5 hosting the DOWNLOADS are now working again!

If you notice anything strange please let me know. :D

So is the avatar and tag line going to be shown on the first message of the poster or the last message of the poster?

Everything. :)

Remember each page is generated as you view it so changes like that take effect imediately. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.