T Mobile CEO - Cryptic comments at CES

How about this?
https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-ceo-turned-fortune-teller-offers-8-predictions-ces-2017/
d19a04296cf1e1a7cd9479ef64def25b.jpg

I am not sure why Dish's alleged failure use it's wireless spectrum means they will be scooped up. I am also uncertain why this was discussed by T Mobile at CES.

I have to be honest. The longer Dish doesn't do anything in wireless, the more correct the people who said Charlie bought the spectrum just to sell it later for a profit look.

Reactions: jcanavera
I have to be honest. The longer Dish doesn't do anything in wireless, the more correct the people who said Charlie bought the spectrum just to sell it later for a profit look.
I saw that as a fallback option, which is what it has come down to now.

The whole process of DISH getting the spectrum seems very nebulous. If actually put into motion it could have been a great move. Dare2be may be on to something, it sounds like a teenage boy who keeps saying they don't like a girl but really means he wants to be with her and get her assets....

Reactions: KAB
Recently I upgraded to the Hopper 3 and noticed that the Dish Network van was advertising that Dish repairs cell phones. When I asked the tech about it, he said that they also repair appliances now too.

I still can not figure out what Dish is trying to accomplish with this new line of business, any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Dish does have some major issues. They can no longer survive on being a video only company.

They need to offer their own branded internet service. Hughesnet does not count.
Most homes and apartments i work in nowdays have online tv services only. No cable or satellite video services. Internet based streaming only and very few indoor or putdoor antennas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the SatelliteGuys app!

Recently I upgraded to the Hopper 3 and noticed that the Dish Network van was advertising that Dish repairs cell phones. When I asked the tech about it, he said that they also repair appliances now too.

I still can not figure out what Dish is trying to accomplish with this new line of business, any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!
Based on my experience in the on-site service industry, I'm guessing that Dish wants to fill the 'dead' time in their technicians schedule with other revenue bearing activities. Dish needs a minimum number of technicians in a given geographic area in order to meet resonable service levels for Dish. But there is time for other activies too.

The tech who installed my H3 was on his way after he left my house to do a recall on a Samsung washing machine. In my opinion, smart strategy on their part.

Reactions: Yespage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)