T2-MI transponders

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
Has anyone managed to receive any of the T2-MI transponders on SES6 @40.5W?

last year I erroneously posted that I was able to scan in those transponders on my Mio4K using TNAP but I was mistaken. While the MIO4K is able to lock on those transponders (while my Amiko can't), it only scans in a data service 0x320. Same on all the T2-MI transponders that I can lock in on 40.5W.

However on 58W there's a channel on 3798H that scan in as T2-MI Caracol. Unfortunately it's encrypted so I don't know if it's working.

Any idea? Also does anyone know of any other T2-MI signal on any satellite receivable in North America?

Thanks

Reactions: lost_mesa
The T2MI ones on 40.5W are circular, and you can receive them, but at only about 1/2 power without a circular feed. They are the only ones I know about at present for our side of the world.

right it is indeed circular, and I have a circular feed (Titanium C1W-PLL with the dielectric slab, mounted as a side-car to my linear C2-PLL). While the reception is marginal on some transponders, it is reasonably strong on others. So my question is more about the actual demodulation of the signal in the receiver. Lyngsat and PortalEDS list some channels, I can lock on the signal with some margin, but am only scanning in what appears like a data service.

What image are you using?

TNAP3 has chosen to not include the T2MI driver as it negatively affects blind scan and service logging performance.
I tried with TNAP that came with the receiver. I did notice in the "information" page in TNAP3 that its kernel does not include T2-MI.

Update.. I got it working!

No luck with the TNAP1 image, no luck with OpenVix, but, PurE2 and OpenPLI worked fine

I managed to scan in some channels on 3999L, 4012L and 4183L
several HD channels, plus some radio stations. Excellent picture quality.

on PurE2, a blind scan found them
on OpenPLI, I could not figure out how to blind scan (!) so I scanned the T2-MI transponders through signal finder.

Note that i'm receiving 40.5W through a side-car LNBF. When I get a chance I will insert the dielectric slab in the main LNBF and scan from there, that should bring a few of the other T2-MI transponders

Is there a newer image of TNAP1 than what came with my receiver? I'm wondering if maybe the T2-MI support is more recent than the TNAP image that I have (I know TNAP2 is not recommended on teh Mio4K and that TNAP3 does not do T2-MI)
Also, what's with the blind scan on openPLI? Is it hiding somewhere?

thanks

Openpli does not come with blindscan. Download the plugin with the plugin menu.
Was the images you tested current? All the image teams use the tuner driver provided by Edision and they should work the same as long as they are the same kernel version.Tnap3 uses a driver that works best for scanning but no-T2MI.

Reactions: Brct203
Openpli does not come with blindscan. Download the plugin with the plugin menu.
Was the images you tested current? All the image teams use the tuner driver provided by Edision and they should work the same as long as they are the same kernel version.Tnap3 uses a driver that works best for scanning but no-T2MI.
Thanks for the info about openPLI!
I used a current image of OpenPLI 7.2 (dated March 23, if I remember correctly)
for PurE2 and openVix, those were images from some time late last year, probably around late summer/early fall

Thanks for the info about openPLI!
I used a current image of OpenPLI 7.2 (dated March 23, if I remember correctly)
for PurE2 and openVix, those were images from some time late last year, probably around late summer/early fall
I think T2MI has been a work in progress and from my experience the tuner driver is a little buggy requiring reboots after some blindscans. I have the no T2MI tuner driver on all my 4 slots and they are running kernel version 5.5.0. images. The newest kernel is 5.5.9 but haven't upgaded.

Has anyone managed to receive any of the T2-MI transponders on SES6 @40.5W?

last year I erroneously posted that I was able to scan in those transponders on my Mio4K using TNAP but I was mistaken. While the MIO4K is able to lock on those transponders (while my Amiko can't), it only scans in a data service 0x320. Same on all the T2-MI transponders that I can lock in on 40.5W.

However on 58W there's a channel on 3798H that scan in as T2-MI Caracol. Unfortunately it's encrypted so I don't know if it's working.

Thanks
Hi
Could you still scan that transponder on 58W?
My Octagon SX88 scans it as data
I can't reach the 40W
I know it's scrambled. All I want to know is if my box isn't capable of T2MI in this side of the ocean.
Thanks

I'm not seeing any T2MI transponders on 58w. I get two Caracol muxs. One at 3785 H 5200 (encrypted with Tandberg), the other at 3791 H 3750 (encrypted with Conax). Neither scan in as being T2MI. I do get four T2MI signals on SES 6 at 40.5w.

Reactions: Brct203
I get 3 Caracol transponders on 58W:

3785 H 5200 (Caracol Alterno, Caracol Nacional, and a data stream named "PD")
3791 H 3750(Caracol Inter HD)
3798 H 8200 (T2MI CARACOL)

Now here is the strange thing:
3798 H 8200 is found in Blind Scan on both TNAP images (1 and 3), but not detected as T2MI, only the name of the service alludes to T2MI. Remember, TNAP is not T2MI-enabled
However if I scan with OpenPLI or PürE2, they don't even detect that TP, and using signal finder finds a fairly strong signal but no content - unless for some reason I need to enter a specific T2MI parameter and I don't know what it might be.

Also, I think my Amiko miniHD-re finds that TP and that service, and it's definitely not T2MI-capable.

so, still a bit of a mystery but likely not T2MI

OK, Thanks. Locked it by manually entering your parms. Didn't find it with a blind scan. (8.5 ft Birdview) I have TNAP T2MI enabled, but it isn't indicting that it is T2MI. But still lots to learn. Does seem to be Tandberg encrypted.

quick update on T2-MI...

I have loaded TNAP 3.2 and the T2-MI kernel that is available as a plugin. It's working great! I have yet to do some blind scan timing comparison with the non-T2-MI kernel, but it seems that it takes longer when T2-MI is enabled.

also worth noting, many of the T2-MI channels on 40.5W have EPG

quick update on T2-MI...

I have loaded TNAP 3.2 and the T2-MI kernel that is available as a plugin. It's working great! I have yet to do some blind scan timing comparison with the non-T2-MI kernel, but it seems that it takes longer when T2-MI is enabled.

also worth noting, many of the T2-MI channels on 40.5W have EPG

Just be aware that with those drivers loaded, you'll likely have issues with it picking up and separating transponders that are only 4mhz apart, such as the Weigel ones on 101w.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)