Tailgater diplex support?

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
I'm staying in my parents' camper for a month or so while my under construction house is completed. They have a tailgater and a Wally that I'd like to get going along with hooking up an antenna. My question is, can I use a diplexer with the Tailgater? I'm pretty well versed in satellite setup from a while back but never have dealt with a Tailgater

I wouldn’t use a diplexer. Maybe a splitter. 5mhz - 3ghz. But if you can run the controller without a splitter to port 1 and the Wally to port 2 without splits in the cable you’ll be in much better shape. I believe dish is 18v always and splitting it might interfere with its digital satellite channel selection disec 2? The point is if you can have 2 separate lines going to the dish you will be ahead of the game. I’m assuming the controller should already be hooked up to it. If you want connect the Wally to a dish on a tripod and do it that way if you like too. Installation info below.

I wouldn’t use a diplexer. Maybe a splitter. 5mhz - 3ghz. But if you can run the controller without a splitter to port 1 and the Wally to port 2 without splits in the cable you’ll be in much better shape. I believe dish is 18v always and splitting it might interfere with its digital satellite channel selection disec 2? The point is if you can have 2 separate lines going to the dish you will be ahead of the game. I’m assuming the controller should already be hooked up to it. If you want connect the Wally to a dish on a tripod and do it that way if you like too. Installation info below.

Joseph has a King Tailgater, not a Winegard Trav'ler. Completely different critter with a small auto aiming dish enclosed in a portable "dome" housing. There is no separate controller since the Wally has the software onboard to operate the single LNB and dish positioning when the selected channels call for a different satellite. I'm not aware of anyone successfully using either a diplexer or splitter with a Tailgater. Separate sat and OTA cables would be my recommendation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts