HELP

afrisch16

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2020
Belle chasse
We had dish installed only ONE week ago. Last night we were all watching tv and they all lost signal at the same time. No bad weather or anything since getting it installed. We have tried doing the switch test and it’s giving us a reception error. Says switch None. Please help. Dish says they can’t come out until the 15!!!

That certainly points to an LNB issue or the dish aim changed. You need that tech to fix it. If you have 4 Wallys you also have a switch in the mix. Did the plug from the power inserter become unplugged? That could well be your problem.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.44.21 AM.png

That certainly points to an LNB issue or the dish aim changed. You need that tech to fix it. If you have 4 Wallys you also have a switch in the mix. Did the plug from the power inserter become unplugged? That could well be your problem.

View attachment 147451

we put in for a tech to come out but they can’t get to us until the 15th!! We are thinking it’s the power inverter or the switch that went bad. Satellite never moved and all the connections are tight and in the right spots. Just wish there was something I could do in the mean time. No Tv with 3 boys Is going to be horrible here comes the longest week of my life.

we put in for a tech to come out but they can’t get to us until the 15th!! We are thinking it’s the power inverter or the switch that went bad. Satellite never moved and all the connections are tight and in the right spots. Just wish there was something I could do in the mean time. No Tv with 3 boys Is going to be horrible here comes the longest week of my life.
Check the power inserter. That would explain the issue.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
He didn’t check them on the satellite. We have 4 wally’s. They all went out at the same exact time.

They all went out at the same time because somebody unplugged the power inserter. It’s going to be behind one of the TVs or maybe if the switch is in the basement it could be down by the switch but that’s what happened, I’m willing to bet

They all went out at the same time because somebody unplugged the power inserter. It’s going to be behind one of the TVs or maybe if the switch is in the basement it could be down by the switch but that’s what happened, I’m willing to bet

Or a light switch outlet. Remember how common they were in the 70’s and 80’s

I have them in my house. Hateful things. I had to tape one up to keep my kids from turning my rear speakers off
My mother in law had a habit of turning light switches off. At my brother in laws house there was a switched outlet that went to his stereo gear. MIL kept pushing that switch down and over many visits he got frustrated. I opened the box, turned the switch upside down, and she never bothered with that switch again! :)

Disconnect power going to the switch.
Take off the plate cover.
Bypass the switch.
Replace the plate cover with a blank.
Turn power back on.
Our switch is outside I don’t think it has power to it. Just has the wires from the dish then wires coming into our house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts