HELP

It’s the SWITCH!! We got some barrel connectors and bypassed the switch. And that worked!! So can we do this in the mean time until dish comes back out? Or will it mess something up?
It'll work until you get a tech. I don't know why it's so long to get someone out there. That seems extensive considering most regions are slower than normal

It’s the SWITCH!! We got some barrel connectors and bypassed the switch. And that worked!! So can we do this in the mean time until dish comes back out? Or will it mess something up?
Did you try my first suggestion about unplugging the power inserter for awhile, and then plugging it back in?
I have an idea. I have seen this issue before on my Wally, connected to a DPP44 switch. Sometimes the only way to fix this is to "reset" the switch. First, unplug the power inserter. Then, just to make sure that there is not a separate issue with the Wally, disconnect the coax from the back of the Wally, and run the Test Installation. The test will fail, obviously. This test is just to clear any old settings out of the Wally's memory. Then, reconnect the coax, plug in the power inserter, and run the Test Installation again. If your switch and power inserter are still working properly, and all cables are still securely connected, then this procedure should fix the problem.
I suggested doing this first, since it would have restored service on all four TV's if all the switch needed was a power reset. I only mentioned the option of bypassing the switch entirely just in case this switch reset didn't work. Anyway, as stated by others, yes the solution of bypassing the switch entirely will work for service on those three receivers, as long as you do the Test Installation check on each receiver.

Did you try my first suggestion about unplugging the power inserter for awhile, and then plugging it back in?

I suggested doing this first, since it would have restored service on all four TV's if all the switch needed was a power reset. I only mentioned the option of bypassing the switch entirely just in case this switch reset didn't work. Anyway, as stated by others, yes the solution of bypassing the switch entirely will work for service on those three receivers, as long as you do the Test Installation check on each receiver.
We did try that first and it didn’t work. We bypassed the switch and did a reset on all of the TVs and so far so good! So then we plugged everything back into the switch and the power inverter and it all works normal. We have no idea why or how it all works now. And I now know way more than I need too about satellites, power inverters, switches coax cables

We did try that first and it didn’t work. We bypassed the switch and did a reset on all of the TVs and so far so good! So then we plugged everything back into the switch and the power inverter and it all works normal.

For that switch reset test, did you unplug everything, including all 4 Wally's, from the switch? Or just the power injector?

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)