Tailgater issues after 129 retirement. (Western Arc issue only)

Honestly until dish starts switching back to a dual lnb I would keep the third line connected on a 44 switch. The ports on lnb aren't really assigned a specific satellite bit since it's a triple lnb when connected to a switch it's going to try all three satellites, even if the 129 is no longer active with only 2/3 cables connected it could cause issues. I don't believe we've gotten any official word from dish on how to handle switches since the change but I'd keep all three lines connected.
When running 44 or 42 etc. switches, we always use individual DP Lnbs with a "W" bracket. Higher gain and less prone to issues.

We recently had to travel to all our Smart Box accts, about 30 of them over 2 states (Washington and Oregon), and reprogram them to remove 129. Dish recommended physically disconnecting the 129 feed also, and on 211Ks. (We sometimes run a half dozen 211Ks with our Smart Box to handle music channels.)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just to add to the mix of results…

I have a DPP LNB connected to a DPH42 switch for my H3. With all three ports from the LNB connected to the 42 switch, a switch test shows columns for 110, 119, and Xs for 129; with a long delay looking for 129. If I disconnect the LNB from port 3 of the 42 switch and run the switch test again, the 129 column with the Xs disappears; and the long delay also disappears. If put port 3 back and rerun the switch test, the 129 X column and delay comes back. It’s completely repeatable. So somehow having that port connected is affecting the scanning.

Could anyone else see if they can reproduce this?
Thanks. I disconnected 129 from my DPH42 switch like you did too and all's good now when I run the Test Installation.

My experience with a Wally and a Playmaker (not Tailgater) was that after the scan, the dialog reported that fewer satellites were discovered than the last scan, followed by the question to Rescan or Continue?
I Continued, and had no further issues. That was on 8/10/2023.

My experience with a Wally and a Playmaker (not Tailgater) was that after the scan, the dialog reported that fewer satellites were discovered than the last scan, followed by the question to Rescan or Continue?
I Continued, and had no further issues. That was on 8/10/2023.

Yes, that is how it should work, but sometimes it was getting stuck searching for sat and never made it to that screen.