Take this for what it is worth - New HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Someone I work with said he was watching ESPN. They we're talking about the launch of ESPNNews in HD. According to him, it was said that both DirectTV and Dish Network will add the channel this wednesday.

If this is accurate, perhaps we'll see something else as well.

Personally, I would not be surprised if the more accuarte wording was "It will be available to both Direct and Dish on Wednesday"

I'll file this under "I'll believe it when I see it". And I can think of other existing or imminent HD channels that I'd rather have.

Someone I work with said he was watching ESPN. They we're talking about the launch of ESPNNews in HD. According to him, it was said that both DirectTV and Dish Network will add the channel this wednesday.

If this is accurate, perhaps we'll see something else as well.

Personally, I would not be surprised if the more accuarte wording was "It will be available to both Direct and Dish on Wednesday"

See the ESPNews HD thread from last night... this could be a good week!

why this chan.that hasn't been talked about as much as othters like scifi and usa,i don't understand it and will stop tring to...

I am sure this channel is easy for Dish to add, because they probably already negotiated it when they added ESPN2 HD way back in the day. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I remember reading how ESPN usually negotiates a carriage agreement with Cable and Satellite companies to carry all their channels as part of the deal. So if this is true I would think if ESPN U suddenly became HD, then Dish may already have rights to carry that channel as "SOON" as they want to.

Didnt see it in the other thread, cause honestly, I dont care about ESPNNews. I'm interested because it may mean something else. Like the previous posters I am very skeptical of this. Seeing is believing.

I'm expecting more HD LILs.

why this chan.that hasn't been talked about as much as othters like scifi and usa,i don't understand it and will stop tring to...

Because sometimes to get thoses channels you have to add more channels that some providers don't want to pay extra for. I'm sure if we get ESPNEWSHD on Wed, then we'll get the whole ABC/Disney HD package because that's the only way ABC will let us get ESPNEWSHD.

To get ScifiHD and USAHD, we probably have to get the other Universal/NBC HD channels too.

I don't think they should add espn before they add more hd channels. I dont care about sports anyways.

Irregardless, I hope more HD channels are on this week!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure this channel is easy for Dish to add, because they probably already negotiated it when they added ESPN2 HD way back in the day. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I remember reading how ESPN usually negotiates a carriage agreement with Cable and Satellite companies to carry all their channels as part of the deal. So if this is true I would think if ESPN U suddenly became HD, then Dish may already have rights to carry that channel as "SOON" as they want to.

My thoughts exactly. For the same reason the other channels commonly mentioned in this group (I think Disney HD, ABC Family HD and one other) may also become available.

Edit: see roachxp beat me to it!

Well a lot of people think SciFi shows nothing but crap shows (sorry, BSG is no Firefly), and USA... well, I can't remember the last time I watched something on that channel. 2006 maybe?

ESPNews I watch daily, though.

So I guess the point is that different people like different things. Profound, eh? :)

Well I would like to see Sci-Fi HD but I think ESPNNews HD would be nice to have as well. :)

Very true. BSG is far superior in every way to Firefly. I would probably go so far as to say you shouldn't mention them in the same sentence. :up

Yeah agree Firefly was ok but BSG is in another league of its own and Sci-Fi already approved a spin off prequel of BSG a new show called Caprica. :)

You forget about all the wrestling fans that are missing out on wwehd right now also as they both air in hd on USA and Scifi. I hope you all get this with ESPN NewsHD, But im really skpetical of Charlie as he could have lit USA and SCIFI months ago. He actually would have been in a better postion on his bottom line if they would have lit them then.

From my knowledge, this is Exactly correct.

by the way, I don't think I am letting cats out of any bags, but ESPN-U will "Suddenly" become HD over the summer, certainly before August 15, as will Classic and a future ESPN channel to be determined.

The only thing is, I don't think Dish has the "Rights" to carry those channels, which implies that there is an Option on the part of Dish. I believe it is more in the nature of an Obligation.

I think Dish will be lighting a handful of HD nationals this week, now that they have bandwidth for it from the 2 transponders they have recoverd from SkyAngel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)