Take this for what its worth...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
ckone0814 said:
assuming DVI connection, would D* HD improve it? obviously HD would be better but would SD improve?

is the OTA antenna even necessary since it looks like the potential new HD channel additions would include the majors?

i am going to sign-up for the NFL ticket - is that all HD? part HD? no HD?

It's an ED monitor, even with DVI, which means you would have an HD receiver, you may have a little more detail but resolution would remain the same. :no

The additional HD channels would only include the national major feeds, not the local HD feeds so definetly get an OTA antenna. ;)

NFL SUNDAY TICKET will include up to 6 HD games/week. :yes

arxaw said:
An "EDTV" is just that - Extended Definition - not High Definition. About the only improvement you'd see on the HD channels is less compression than their SD counterparts. Hardly worth the expense of an HD STB plus subscription to an HD package.
Actually I've found that at the 42" size, from 7-8 feet away or further it's hard for most people to distinguish between an ED set and an HD one. Plus SD content (especially DVDs) will tend to look better on the ED set. Now, if you want to use the plasma as a computer monitor, the ED sets will look pretty bad.

Hey Scottt,

:yikes
Let’s get some more facts about the new channels or you will have many people committing suicide waiting for your response!

I feel pain and that may or not be a good thing!
:shocked

If I had all those nails stuck in my face and head I'd feel pain too! lol

Yeah Scott... give us some more poopie scoop!

Come on Scott Tell us about the new HD on D*

Your source is full of bull Scott! We know about the 100 NFL ST HD channels, but we want even more HD content not just Football... When and what???

You will all Feel my pain!!! unless we get more HD soon!! :mad:

A_Noland said:
Hopefully it will happen and give E* a compelling reason to add it also :)

A you are exactly right E* will not add more channels, HD or other wise until D* does. Right now they are playing the waiting game trying to save money. If I didn't have so much money tied up in E* equipment I would jump to D* in a heart beat.

Bob

More HD coming

Reading the recent posts has got me all excited.. so i thought i'd try emailing Directv myself and this is the reply... :yes

""Thanks for writing. DIRECTV doesn't have an agreement with TNT
HD,Bravo-HD,Fox-HD,INHD 1&2,Starz-HD, and Cinemax-HD at this time but we
are in discussions with them and we hope to add TNT
HD,Bravo-HD,Fox-HD,INHD 1&2,Starz-HD, and Cinemax-HD to our lineup soon.
I don't have a date to give you yet, but stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV
for the latest news and announcements as they become available.

I understand how important HDTV programming is to you. DIRECTV is
committed to providing the best in HDTV programming and we're in
constant discussions with various program providers to increase the
amount of High Definition programming we offer.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV Customer Service""

I just hope they mean what they wrote. Still very exciting news coming down the pipeline lately.
IMPC830

The reply you received is a canned response that has changed slightly but as usual everything is in negotiations.

Scott any update from your source?

Got tired of the waiting and switched from Direct TV to Brighthouse for HD. I know i don't get the crisp sharp picture through out all the channels but a lot of the digital cable channels do look even better on my Sony HD than they did on Direct. I don't see the smearing or masking effect on cable as I quite often did with Direct TV signal. So long satellite guys, farewell, maybe I will be back, but don't think so. Brighthouse in Orlando is coming out with the HD DVR in October. My cable bill with the HD receiver is $53.99 plus tax.

My pain GROWS for more HD

I wish I had as many HD Channels as I have pins in my HEAD!

Scott ...some more news?? please or I will have to pound these nails all the way down in my head!! :shocked

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)