Take this for what its worth...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Superdish can go on a roof. Who says they can't? I've seen several.

I listened to part of the web-cast. LIL is a priority with HD to be addressed later this year.

gpflepsen said:
Superdish can go on a roof. Who says they can't? I've seen several.

I listened to part of the web-cast. LIL is a priority with HD to be addressed later this year.

I was under the impression that Dish told their installers that SuperDISH should not be installed on a roof because of it's extra size.

Well, I'm glad that LIL is a priority for them as 130 markets is getting close to my #145 DMA, but I still suspect that it won't be up on DirecTV until 8s or 9s goes up next year.

~Alan

Each roof install I've seen has had the extra stabilizers installed. I think a few installers might imply the lack of suitability for roof installs to get away with just driving a post in the ground next to the house.

gpflepsen said:
Each roof install I've seen has had the extra stabilizers installed. I think a few installers might imply the lack of suitability for roof installs to get away with just driving a post in the ground next to the house.

Good to know, my cousin might have a shot of getting our locals on the SuperDISH then, as they need the roof installation, although whether or not the dish can pick up signals from the 105-degree location through all the trees remain to be seen....

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~~~~Who still wants Albany, GA locals from DirecTV!!

hey scott, any updates to tell us about on the new HD channels? when and what?

snathanb said:
Then why are you posting in the Voom forum you are thinking about switching to them?

I also posted in there that I would hate to leave Directv because if I had my choice when it came to HD I would stay with Directv, but the best deal they have for me for an HD receiver is $349 which is too much in my opinion. Voom has the $0 up front cost for their programming including HD.

If Directv would let me in on the $99 HD receiver offer I would stay, but the Voom offer is very tempting.

Isn't VOOM now charging a $199 install fee? I thought the $0 promotion ended May 31.

gpflepsen said:
Isn't VOOM now charging a $199 install fee? I thought the $0 promotion ended May 31.

No, it's on through July 5th I believe.

Neutron you can still get the $99 deal with DirecTV. you just have got to keep trying. $0 upfront with Voom will cost you to the tune of $10/m for the first receiver and $15/m for the 2nd or 3rd or 4th and so on. a bit expensive, in fact it costs double what TWC wants for STB rental where I am located.

I called d TV ( in May) and said I was ready to cancel due to the fact that Voom had so much more hd. they connected me to a special customer service department-to keep current customers. Here is what I received:
The Samsung HD receiver which works with may Samsung 43" dlp flawlessly.
Cost: $99 up front for the receiver, and a credit of $399 (you pay)
That they deduct from each month. So essentially all you pay for is the service and the $399 was a security deposit to be sure you don't cancel.

Summary- the $399 is paid upfront as if you paid a few months’ service fees. They deduct your monthly service from this $399 deposit you made.

Simply put-threaten to cancel due to a better offer from cable or Voom, they won’t let you quit them.
-sg

earthgess said:
I called d TV ( in May) and said I was ready to cancel due to the fact that Voom had so much more hd. they connected me to a special customer service department-to keep current customers. Here is what I received:
The Samsung HD receiver which works with may Samsung 43" dlp flawlessly.
Cost: $99 up front for the receiver, and a credit of $399 (you pay)
That they deduct from each month. So essentially all you pay for is the service and the $399 was a security deposit to be sure you don't cancel.

Summary- the $399 is paid upfront as if you paid a few months’ service fees. They deduct your monthly service from this $399 deposit you made.

Simply put-threaten to cancel due to a better offer from cable or Voom, they won’t let you quit them.
-sg

So basically you paid $99 up front and then for the next year you pay the rest $399??

Neutron said:
So basically you paid $99 up front and then for the next year you pay the rest $399??

I think what he meant was that he paid $498 up front, and then throughout the year they credited his bill $33.25 a month for a year. Correct?!

~Alan

in the end he paid DirecTV $99 for his new HD STB. this is what he is saying.

$99 Offers

I e-mailed D* and got the famous $99 offer too. I have been a customer for more than 6 years, I am sure that helped.

What they offered:

HD Receiver
24” Elliptical Triple LNB Dish
OTA
Professional Installation
Multi-Switch if needed.

Cost $349.00 upfront, $250.00 credit upon activation of the HD receiver. Since I had the Dish, OTA, and MS, I opted to purchase my receiver retail (they will not do this for everyone) and acquired and HTL-HD for 279.99 @ Ultimate Electronics, self-installed and activated, upon activation I was given my $250.00 credit!

I just cancelled Voom because I thought the PQ was terrible and with no DVR I had no reason to hang in there!

Got off Phone with Directv last nite to replace my crappy Samsung hd reciever the csr told some more Premium additions are coming he kinda mentioned Starz hd just thought i would mention it looks like Directv is going to give V* a run for it's money that was only hd channel he mentioned so take it for what it's worth so we might also get more cinemax and starz channels and maybe more

Status
Please reply by conversation.