Taking Directv Camping, Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rifleman625

Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I have hade Directv for about 4 months. We have a D12-300 box in our room that we hardly use. I have hunting season next month. I tried searching for information on here. But was unable to find what I needed. Would I be able to use this box away from the house? If so what type of dish would work. I am willing to buy a tripod. How easy can this be done. I have a Honda generator. I also have my marine batteries. These are really good batteries. Could I run off of an invertor for awhile? Thanks for any help everyone can offer.

I have hade Directv for about 4 months. We have a D12-300 box in our room that we hardly use. I have hunting season next month. I tried searching for information on here. But was unable to find what I needed. Would I be able to use this box away from the house? If so what type of dish would work. I am willing to buy a tripod. How easy can this be done. I have a Honda generator. I also have my marine batteries. These are really good batteries. Could I run off of an invertor for awhile? Thanks for any help everyone can offer.

This is a Standard Def. recvr, so it will work with just about ANY dish set up anywhere from the old Single LNB 18" dish all the way up to the SWiM set up.
That said, it's SD so the only thing you need is a dish to get the 101 sat.

Found this dish. Will it work?
DIRECTV DTV 18" SATELLITE DISH DUAL LNB

Was not sure if I could post the link. Thanks for your help.

Found this dish. Will it work?
DIRECTV DTV 18" SATELLITE DISH DUAL LNB

Was not sure if I could post the link. Thanks for your help.

Yup, it should work for what your doing .... seeing your only looking for SD, IF you decide to go to a newer recvr (HD) then you'll want to look into a newer dish as well.

SD is fine for now. I don't want to miss NFL opening weekend while I am up there. Thanks again. Should I bother with the batteries and invertor? Sent you a pm, hope you don't mind.

Last edited:
Hey, camping doesn't involve any stinkin' TV. Get out of the tent and explore the great outdoors. Now if it involves the Super Bowl, that's another story.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)