Taking Directv Receiver on Vacation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jasnhrpr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Charleston, WV
Hi, We are going to Florida for vacation in a couple of weeks. We will be staying in a relatives house that has directv. He travels back and forth and takes his receiver with him when he leaves. He said I could take my receiver with me and use it there with no problem. Is that correct?
Thanks!

It should work, but you may need to make some changes in the setup menus. If you have a swm type lnb and he doesn't, or visa versa, then you will need to change that in the setup menu. If you have an hd box and he only has an sd setup, you won't get hd channels. Also, you won't get your local channels from WV in FL.

Thanks for the reply! That should work great then. I really only want it for ESPN so I can watch the WVU/LSU game. Don't want to miss that.

Ok, I'm in Florida now and I brought my box. I can't get it to get a signal. Mine is HD and his sattellite dish is the old type. What do I need to change in my setup to get it to work?

I'm getting the 771A error, problem communicating with dish. It's getting 0's on all the signal meters. This is also my 2nd receiver from my house, I left the main HR24 at home. This is a H21 that had the whole home dvr setup at home. Do I need to disable that before it would work?

If he has a basic old dish, try re running the "Repeat Dish Set Up" and change the settings when asked to the dish he is using.
Remember, you'll have to re run it when you get back home.

Find out what dish he has for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts