Talk I had with a csr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nayl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Phone in earlier to ask about possible of a new tier package deal being available he told me not at this time but he did give me VaVaVoom free for 2 months and told me any customer could call in and get that they had been doing it for around 1.5 months now but was not advertising it.So to all those wanting to take a look at these new channels give it a try.

He talked for quite abit about the new channels that had been added and also said to me without being asked that they were now working hard on getting in local national feed and regional sports channels that was what was next for them now.So they are listening it seems and going after the things people had been wanting.How long till we see them? Who knows but with the way they have been adding channels the last few weeks I would not be surprised to see them in a few weeks or a month.

I asked him how subs where coming along he replied they had been very busy lately and last count last week they had over 7k waiting to be installed and list was growing :)

Nayl i have VaVaVoom and have been receiving all of the new channels. But for the subs that don't have VaVaVoom getting two free month to look at the new channels is a good thing. I would like to start receiving local national feeds as well as regional sports channels and like you i wouldn't be surprised to see them in the next month or two. The more subs that Voom gets makes it possible for the company to stay around for a long time that's verry good for all of us.

Great news! I am hoping for the RSN's and maybe even a superstation package!

Thanks for the update! :)

Personally, I'll pass on the free 2 months of VaVa. I'm grandfathered into my basic at $39.90/month, but that changes if I change my programming status. I suspect if I took the 2 months that my basic rate would jump up to $49.90/month when I called to cancel it. Great news for those who are already paying the $49.90 rate though! I do however, think voom should take this good idea one step further -- just give everybody a free VaVaVoom preview for two months without requiring us to call to set it up and then call again to cancel. That way everybody could take advantage of it and have some time to evaluate the new channels. I won't be holding my breath waiting for this to happen though. :D

I don't want any new channels until Voom fixes the PQ. The only thing that adding new channels will do right now is degrade the PQ further. I want the old PQ back that we used to have. If it means dumping the new encoders because they don't work right, or because Voom can't figure out how to tweak them, so be it. Right now Voom is giving us a version of HD Lite that D couldn't even imagine. Fix the damn PQ and fix it now!

I have tried 3 separate times on getting the 2 months free and got shot down each time. I was installed 2 days before that promotion started.

I've tried 3 times too. This last time I was told it was only for special circumstances but didn't say what they was. Feel lucky if you get the free preview. I'll just have to wait.

Lazy?

TheTimm said:
I'd try again. Maybe ya just got a new/lazy CSR. :confused:

Two months of free vavavoom is suppose to be used as a retention, in other circumstances, if a supervisor approves it, it can be given to new customers that just missed the offer. Nothing lazy about it. While I agree that receiving this package free is a bonus, it does amount to a substantial loss for a company whose marketing dept can't even spell black, let alone get into it. Most subs won't cancel their service because they are not getting premium channels free. The only lazy CSR here is the one that couldn't say " I'm sorry, but that offer is not currently available to you at this time".

betsig250 said:
I have tried 3 separate times on getting the 2 months free and got shot down each time. I was installed 2 days before that promotion started.

I was actually installed after the promo started, but I signed up 2 days before the promo started and they still wouldn't give it to me. I am planning and going VaVa anyway, but 2 months for free would have been sweet.

nanaberry said:
I've tried 3 times too. This last time I was told it was only for special circumstances but didn't say what they was. Feel lucky if you get the free preview. I'll just have to wait.
I don't know if it is the "special circumstance" they are talking about but I have had VOOM since they started leasing the receivers at $10 a piece and since they dropped that to $5 a piece I called to see if I could they had an offer where an existing customer could add receivers since they where offering the $1 deal for new subscriptions and they gave me up to two receivers for $49 installation fee (didn't ask how much it would be for more than 2) and two months of VaVa Voom upgrade for free. I almost asked for the Sound and Vision magazine subscription but I didn't want to push it.

jscook57 said:
I don't know if it is the "special circumstance" they are talking about but I have had VOOM since they started leasing the receivers at $10 a piece and since they dropped that to $5 a piece
How long have you been paying $5? I'm still being charged $9.50 each for mine plus the $5 extra stb charge.

Free VaVaVOOM trial

Superjfly,

I think if you called VOOM (or called again) and clearly explained that your initial installation was only started AFTER the VaVaVOOM free promotional period had been announced for new subscribers, then they would "re-hit" your receiver and give you those two free months. It's worth a try, or a re-try. It has worked for others...

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)