Exclusives Should Have HAd Commercials

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
Not that I want to see commercials....but it would have helped pay the bills a bit. Especially since the sub number was low. It would have been a small amount of cash that they would have charged due to such low sub numbers but it would have helped prolong VOOM. I think that the 21 exclusive ch's were too much to handle for any service.....especially one that was just starting up.

They did have an occasional "commercial" on the movie channels. Every once in a while there was a movie trailor for new movies that would be comming out in the next couple months. I doubt Rainbow aired those for free.

On some of the SD channels it was obivious they were inserting ads, mostly from lawyers, as you could briefly see a channel promo when there was an insert.

But with so few subs any ad revinue would have been very small. With 46,000 subs the ad rate would have been comparable to a 200+ TV market or medium sized cable system. So they would be getting $5 to $7 per ad, or if it was based on subs calling an 800 number for information (as with lawyer ads) it would be significantly less, such as $1 per inquiry.

Selling commercials is easier said than actually done. you need an entire organization devoted to sales. Advertisers are interested in CPM's cost per Thousands and how many tens of thousands of viewers that can be delivered on a single commercial. They would have almost had to give it away at we we used to call in advertising "A dollar a holler."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts