Talk Me Off the Ledge

Make the switch and save a few bucks. I made the switch and am very happy with D*. I will just take a look at my cost at the end of my contract, and if I need to, switch to cable for a few months and wait for D* to offer discounts to come back.
I really don't think that I would go back to Dish. I know all carriers have their channel disputes, but Dish seems to be the worst at actually resolving them.

Just jump! Sounds like you're just looking for a reason to do it. Just give it a try. If you don't like it right away then cancel and see if you can avoid any fees. If you can't cancel then wait it out. Two years really isn't that long for TV service. It's worth a try.

Which boxes did you go with?
Just one box, the HD DVR.

I asked the rep if it would be an HR24, and he said yes.

I know very little about DirecTV hardware, but I think the HR24 is the newest, other than the Home Media Center, which we don't need. I hope he was correct about our getting an HR24, because I don't want an older model.

The DirecTV website has a picture of an HD DVR, but the fine print under it says, "Model HR24 pictured above. Your actual HD DVR may vary." :( :rolleyes:

Greet them at the door. Ask to see the box. Wrong receiver, "go away." Simple. But it's gotta be done before he does any work. Before he does ANYTHING, he puts the right box inside your home.

Even though I lost AMC too, I'm staying with dish. I downgraded from AEP to 120 when AMC was dropped. I currently have a 922 and 211k and couldn't be happier with Dish. I had DTV before but their receivers where plain and boring. Plus if you have autopay or make your payments on time for a few consecutive months, they give you perks with a simple call.(thats what the agent told me when I called about amc and thanked me for being a loyal customer with prompt monthly payments)

Right now I have $10 a month for 12 months and HBO at half price for 6 months. I also got a free roku and a $35 credit to buy seasons of amc shows on amazon (too bad it doesn't work in PR)

So to sum things up
$120 savings for the year
$60 on the roku
$48 on HBO
$35 to buy my missing shows
Thats $263 in savings with a 5 minute phone call. That will keep me happy and from switching.

Symbol, I' with you 100%...but not to rub it in, I contacted Dirt, and got Showtime on top of HBO for 1/2 6 mos. No way I would leave dish after all the goodies we've gotten. I played the math, going to D would only save me $5.00 for the first year. Rather spend it than deal with their receivers.

To the op, good luck. I swapped to dish from direct for savings much like you. No regrets but had none with directv either. You will be satisfied most likely. At the end of my contract I may well swap back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Symbol, I' with you 100%...but not to rub it in, I contacted Dirt, and got Showtime on top of HBO for 1/2 6 mos. No way I would leave dish after all the goodies we've gotten. I played the math, going to D would only save me $5.00 for the first year. Rather spend it than deal with their receivers.

You are so lucky!
But at the end of the day its just tv. Maybe next year I'll get a sweeter deal :D

:) it does seem that right now there is a "sale" going on with preimum channels, I called for HBO, was also provided the half off and also offered Cinemax and starz as well for half off. Declined the Cinemax as I don't think there would be anything I would really watch. I also received multiport for half off for six months as well which for Redzone will be great!

But to the OP, hope it works well and you get enjoyment from your new system!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts