TALKING TO CSR MAKES ME WANNA HOC MY EQUIP AND SWITCH TO D*

I live out in the middle of the woods, and no one is at my house except my wife, 6 year old (at that time) grandson and me. There was no one ordering those movies. Maybe my Great Pyrenees ordered them!

For a time I figured hackers had gotten into the system and charged their purchases on other subscribers. Now I'm not so sure. I just know we didn't order, there was no phone line hooked up, no record of the purchases on my system, and dish network treated me, a retailer and customer of three years, like scum.

Re: TALKING TO CSR MAKES ME WANNA HOC MY EQUIP AND SWITCH TO

bhspeed said:
He then said that it was not since there are about 7 different confirmations to do the order.
Thanks,
Brandon

Not true! It takes like TWO if memory recalls. it is so easy to do to, my 6 year old son put in the wrong number on the remote that took him to an adult channel, a box pops up asking if you want to purchase, he hit the select button, and they I go, $20 charged! i did get credit for one that was 15min long, but I guess the other one was 40 min and they didn't give me credit.

lesson learned.. PASSWORD these things Now!

As far as the CSR, they don't have any :)

It would not show up on the purchase info screen if the info was already sent from the receiver to dish when the receiver dials out. People can order by phone as well from your phone number but the extra $1 fee would have showed up on the bill. Sounds pretty suspicious to me.

You can have them lock out PPV availability at Dish Network. I have all my customer's receivers locked to prevent this from happening and ask them for a password for this like it is routine. I only had one customer contact me about problems with a high bill due to PPV's after that.

This is another one of those bad things about having a phone line connected to the receiver all the time, the change to have your bill ran up by PPV's and people ordering extra channels and features on channel 100. They do not always get locked out or the channel came along after I installed them so there is that possibility of issues and shutoffs as a result. Things like this is why I do not like phone lines connected. I already know what its like with Charter cable to have the ability to receive from the receivers as well, high bills because the teens run up the bills or someone punches a button by accident.

I told Dish to block any PPV and not allow any extra charges on my account. They did that and took a password from me. If I don't have the password they will not talk to me on the phone.

Was it called a PIN number? I used to try that for customers but guess what? It didnt work for gaining access to the accounts most of the time. It only worked every once in a while. This was a while back though so I hope it is working better now. Make sure they note your account that you locked your PPV's and that you will not be responsible for paying for any that shows up on the bill.

I've heard of cases where a neighbor orders a PPV with an RF-remote, and it gets ordered on your system, too (esp. in apartments). 'may want to disconnect the RF antenna on the receiver.

Or perhaps just change the remote address in your receivers to something other than 1 that way it would be a lot less likely to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)