Tall Trees

smokey12@mlode.com

Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
California
I thought already submitted this post but I cant seem to find it anywhere around here.
My question is this, I have tall trees that are not on my property that are blocking my view of the S/E sky. The only spot on my property that can see the sats is 65' feet up a substantial Pine tree that overlooks my roof. Is this a feasable location to mount a dish or will the wind induced sway of the giant pine be too much for the dish to maintain a signal.
Thanks

lol, dont mount in a tree.. how do you know this is the only location? As pain as it may be.. have dish network come out and look at your property themselves.. only a proffesional can tell you if you have a line of site or not. Even for basic packages needing 119 and 110 sats... you can still have them mount two seperate dishes for each sat and this will not be an extra charge for new installs.

or there is always sky angel.. 61.5 location, not too many people dont have site for that one.

But to mount in a tree.. unsafe to get up there and do yourself.. and no tech will ever do that for you or anyone..

plus if you could at all mount one the correct way up there.. the wind and branches would surely interfer.

I had two different satellite installers come out already and one of them failed to get a signal and the other "professional" from DirectTV told me to put it in the tree or cut down my neighbors pine trees. LOL I called DishNetwork next and he feels that he can get a line of sight from my roof ridge. We are ordering the service and will find out soon enough if he's right. I will need a dish heater installed to keep the snow from building up on the dish. Will this cause any signal loss or interference?

Well, truthfully I have no idea what a dish heater is, im my installer region there is no need I guess.. we dont use nor supply such a thing. But best of luck to you on your installation. lol, hope the tree isnt left as your only option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)