Tallahassee HD Locals

Looks I'll be calling 'em to come out here w/a free 1000.2 to replace my 500 for the locals. If Sunshine and Fox Sports FL in HD are only on 61.5...the winger stays!;)

So, will a single 1000.2 dish pick up 110/119 and 129 in Tallahassee? Regardless of local HD, my parents can't get 61.5 (trees) and thus don't get a lot of HD material.

Thanks, Eurosport. I'll give Dish a call about getting a new dish for them.

(OT, by any chance are you a soccer player? I've given a few dollars to Eurosport over the years for my son)

Nope, I have a 1984 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport H.O. -A car forum was the first place I used that handle and I've used it everywhere ever since. :)

Anybody got anything this morning, or do we have to wait?

My guess is they won't be available till tomorrow or Thursday, that is if they are still slated for going active this week as originally indicated.

I'm still hoping they'll also be on 61.5, so I don't have to call dish out here to upgrade my D500 to a 1000.2. :rolleyes:

It's listed as a western arc market by E* so 129W it is for the time being. There isn't enough transponder space on the eastern arc for mirroring. 129W covers the entire U.S. Can't you swing your 61.5 dish to grab 129? I assume you already have HD from 61.5.

It's listed as a western arc market by E* so 129W it is for the time being. There isn't enough transponder space on the eastern arc for mirroring. 129W covers the entire U.S. Can't you swing your 61.5 dish to grab 129? I assume you already have HD from 61.5.
I thought of that, but someone on here tried it, and lost the HD feeds of Fox Sports Florida and Sunshine Network, so it looks like I'll need 129 AND 61.5.:(

I thought of that, but someone on here tried it, and lost the HD feeds of Fox Sports Florida and Sunshine Network, so it looks like I'll need 129 AND 61.5.:(

I would think E* would make sure those are on the western arc as well if they are the included RSNs for your market. Maybe when they turn your locals on the RSNs will also be added. You are the first FL market going up. There are other FL markets going on 129 (Panama City, Ft. Myers, Orlando, Tampa St. Pete, West Palm) so I presume they would need those as well.

Well today is supposed to be the day for the Tally locals to come online in HD. Dishnetwork.com shows them as available in HD when you do the address checker. Maybe by the time I get home from work they will be on. One can dream can't he :)

Oh and according to Dishnetwork.com address checker looks like all 4 network stations will be in HD. I was worried that we might end up with a hold out like some markets have where they only get 1 or 2 of their stations in HD. So that's a positive.

I'm assuming that since I have the regular locals and also HD programming and my Dish pointed at 129 that I won't have to call customer service or anything to add the local HD to my programming? Once they go active they should just show up?

Well today is supposed to be the day for the Tally locals to come online in HD. Dishnetwork.com shows them as available in HD when you do the address checker. Maybe by the time I get home from work they will be on. One can dream can't he :)

Oh and according to Dishnetwork.com address checker looks like all 4 network stations will be in HD. I was worried that we might end up with a hold out like some markets have where they only get 1 or 2 of their stations in HD. So that's a positive.

I'm assuming that since I have the regular locals and also HD programming and my Dish pointed at 129 that I won't have to call customer service or anything to add the local HD to my programming? Once they go active they should just show up?

Usually they just magically appear. If they don't, do a Check Switch or unplug the receiver and then plug it back in to reset.

When I got home today from work there they were on 129, yay. Im a happy camper now.

I got my install for Locals today. Although I am looking at 110,119 and 129 with my new setup, I still kept my 61.5 dish. That is the only one Sun Sports HD an FSN Florida HD is on. I could already get locals OTA but it is nice to be able to record more than one local at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)