Tampa Bay Fans Suck

I was actually going to post a thread about that. 600 fans, are you kidding me? This from a team that was in contention about a week and a half ago AND has won 2 World Series. There should be more than 600 fans, the team isn't bad.

I hope Florida plans on opening their new stadium in the future.

That has been an issue here for a very long time. People down here, thaought that after the last World Series win, the stadium was a done deal. 3 owners and many fights about where to put, how to spend it and who should pay for it. Should it be in the City of Miami, Miami-Dade(two completely different governments), City of Hialeah or even the city of Ft. Lauderdale. The politics down here has turned off alot of people. 60% of the season ticket holders come from the Broward and Palm Beach counties...yet ownership WANTS the team in Miami. I have lived in two of the BIGGEST cities in the US, Chicago and NYC and a few stops in between....and the dirties politics in the country are right here.

I was actually going to post a thread about that. 600 fans, are you kidding me? This from a team that was in contention about a week and a half ago AND has won 2 World Series. There should be more than 600 fans, the team isn't bad.

It was very disappointing to hear that and very sad. I have no real excuse for the lack of fans. I too have not been to good of a fan because I have been to only about 15 - 20 games myself. I think some of it has to do with the fact that LOCAL fans are predominatly football fans, and with the excitement of Bill Parcells being part of the Dolphin fans...and the Miami Hurricanes looking promising and the Marlins being practically out of the penant race......all those facts came into. Fans down here change sports seasons REAL fast, especially when Dolphins season is right around the corner. Like I have said many times before, Miami and MOST of south Florida will ALWAYS be Dolphins territory.:(

Ramirez, Marlins beat Braves in front of 600 fans - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

My apologies. You were right. It appears that there are baseball fans in Miami...about 600 of them. If the Marlins make the playoffs they might get 1000 people to the ballpark.

You MUST have a slight reading comprehension problem....:rolleyes:

There are TONS of baseball fans....but little MARLINS fans.... Until you as a sports fan has gone through it....you are nothing but a hater and talking out of your a$$!:rolleyes:

This is typical of florida baseball teams.

What is typical of Florida baseball teams? This started out as a Tampa Bay "Devil" Rays thread and turned into a Marlins thread. Not sure which part of the topic you are talking about with your vague response.

The bottom line as far as Tampa Bay is that we have a good team this year and nobody cares. Well, most don't care. I am among those that don't care. Mainly, because I don't like baseball, but even the people that I do know that do like baseball and live in my region (right here in Tampa Bay) are usually fans of other teams. Usually they are fans of their hometown team. This is strange because when it comes to hockey and football, most of them give their loyalty to the Tampa Bay teams first, their hometown second.

When I first moved down here I was a Redwings and Lions fan, but that didn't last long. At the time, the NFC had the Bucs and the Lions in the same division, so it was cool to see my home team and my new team matched up twice a year. Actually, three times once or twice due to playoffs. I became a Lightning fan real fast and love local hockey. It just seams that baseball fans are more loyal to their hometown team. You come from Michigan, you live in Florida 30 years, you are still a Tigers fan. And given the young age of the "Devil" Rays, that leaves few fans. There are those born here that are kids still, and the Florida natives that are all ages that are fans, but for the most part, even those living locally are fans of a baseball team from someplace else.

Anyway, they asked us to build a new stadium and pay for it. Most of the residents of St. Petersburg rejected it and the foolish idea went away for now. As I said, they should move the team to Tampa proper but they probably won't. I bet they move away at some point. But if they don't, they will gain their fan base slowly over time, as the youth get older and the team gets better.

As a non-baseball fan, I have to say Go Rays, but I really don't care.

It's got to be, and what makes it worse is how cavernous that stadium is. Fans and players must have been able to hear their echo.

BTW, the Red Sox tied the Indians MLB record of consecutive sellouts (455) last night. They'll set a new record Monday night when Tampa comes to Fenway.

Very impressive sellout record Bill.

The Indians have actually retired that number 455 and hangs in our stands as a reminder of how dedicated our fans are.

Yes it is. Congrats to you to Indians fans have holding that impressive record for so long. One of the reasons why I admire Cleveland sports is how YOU fans support the Indians, Browns, and Cavs. When I think of "rabid" fans in this country, Cleveland is always one of the first cities/regions that I think of.

As far as the Red Sox go, it could be a coincidence (BUT I don't think it is), when the trio of John Henry, Tom Werner, and Larry Lucchino took over in 2002, it changed the whole culture of how things operate at Fenway and the Red Sox. The Trio has cleaned up Fenway to the point I didn't think was possible, (I STILL would like to have a new park however) adding new seats without taking away from the ambience of Fenway, and improving consessions, restrooms, etc. Plus they have have made the scouting department a TOP priority by putting tons of money into it, and it has paid huge dividends with the talent that has contributed and the talent that is still developing. Throw in two World Championships in four years, and all of this adds up to fans coming through the turnstiles in droves.

Yes it is. Congrats to you to Indians fans have holding that impressive record for so long. One of the reasons why I admire Cleveland sports is how YOU fans support the Indians, Browns, and Cavs. When I think of "rabid" fans in this country, Cleveland is always one of the first cities/regions that I think of.

As far as the Red Sox go, it could be a coincidence (BUT I don't think it is), when the trio of John Henry, Tom Werner, and Larry Lucchino took over in 2002, it changed the whole culture of how things operate at Fenway and the Red Sox. The Trio has cleaned up Fenway to the point I didn't think was possible, (I STILL would like to have a new park however) adding new seats without taking away from the ambience of Fenway, and improving consessions, restrooms, etc. Plus they have have made the scouting department a TOP priority by putting tons of money into it, and it has paid huge dividends with the talent that has contributed and the talent that is still developing. Throw in two World Championships in four years, and all of this adds up to fans coming through the turnstiles in droves.

Yes, that new regime has done wonders in turning the fortunes for the Red Sox around in such a short time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts