Tampa Bay Fans Suck

The team needs to move . If they located them between Orlando and Tampa they would get fans from both cities.

DON'T MOVE THE TEAM NEAR ORLANDO!! The Rays may have sold out Disney World's Champion Stadium which only seats about 10,000 but Orlando doesn't give a ratsa-- about sports. It took about 10 years for the city to figure out that the Magic need a new arena and the Citrus Bowl needs to be replaced or majorly renovated ala Jax's Gator Bowl. Many events were going to Tampa and even Jacksonville and many concerts and shows were going to the 12,000 seat UCF Arena. The area doesn't get to see the Rays on cable because Bright House Central Florida refuses to add FSN Florida citing price which is bull. About half of the Rays games are on OTA TV but on ION which in Orlando only shows Appliance Direct infromercials, no one watches the station and they're never promoted on television like they are in Tampa, hell the local tv stations very rarely mention the Rays on their sportscasts even to this day when they are comfortably in first place . The Rays would move to Tampa but they signed an agreement that they cannot leave The City of St. Petersburg until 2028.

Actually, it isn't that bad. They would have you believe it is garbage because they want a new stadium, but it isn't that bad. It is perfect for baseball and was pretty good for concerts too (such as Ozzfest). Now most of the concerts have moved to other venues, but they still have baseball and expos there.

It looks very dark in there, plus I heard during the final four the press box flooded.

They look nice next to the water, here's ours.

The Ballparks Aerial View of PNC Park

Here's a pic of the football stadium I took on top of Mt. Washington.

I wouldn't mind a new waterfront home myself, but I cannot afford it, and neither can this community. If they Rays paid 100% of the cost of the new stadium, including the just market value of the land, I'd have no problem with them building a new stadium on the water. But they want us (Pinellas County and City of St. Petersburg, FL tax payers) to foot the bill. I don't want to pay for a new stadium any more than I want to pay nine guys to stand and watch one guy dig up a sewer pipe (which we see all the time in our city).

At this time of a poopy economy and all these home foreclosures, I, along with a majority of the community, couldn't believe they had the nerve to ask us to pay for it.

Let Tampa pay for it. Move the team to Tampa.

The funny thing is, nobody has come along to buy the team and move it. I'm sure they would love to get out of here where the fans would pack the stadium in another city. Over the years we have been scared with the risk of losing our other pro teams, but you never hear threats of the Rays seriously considering leaving. Our champion Buccaneers and Lightning have been on the rumor mill about moving over the years. You never hear about somebody wanting to buy and move the Rays. Let them! Or move them to Tampa where the other professional teams are in our region.

It looks very dark in there, plus I heard during the final four the press box flooded.

Not sure about the flooding, but it isn't dark in there. I have been to several events (including baseball games) in there and the lighting is fine. It looks a little dark on TV perhaps, but the stadium is fine for baseball.

Not sure about the flooding, but it isn't dark in there. I have been to several events (including baseball games) in there and the lighting is fine. It looks a little dark on TV perhaps, but the stadium is fine for baseball.
It looks like the Expos old stadium in Montreal.

The heat excuse in Tampa is quite lame. It's hot EVERYWHERE in the summer.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph....what DO you have against Florida dude? Not too long ago, you thought it was the MARLINS fan base fault for the 1st fire sale of the Marlins and now you wanna HATE because THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL resides in Tampa??

Did someone steal your girl on a spring break in Florida a few years back??:(:confused:

This is the 1st time this team has had ANY success....I am sure the city(not the diehards....well, maybe;)) is in complete and total shock. Give the fan base THAT IS GROWING, the benefit of the doubt.

Miami is the almost the same issue....YES it sucks that very few show up....but can you blame them??!! Everytime they fall in love with a team and they start showing up....the team is ripped from the fans and sold to the highest bidder...

I would like to see how the fans of the Red Sox, Angels and Cubs would feel and react if their team just once a World Series TWICE...and no sooner than the box of the World Series banners are open....they team is sold off.....:rolleyes:

I've got nothing against Florida in general. Florida and FSU have solid fan support. Even the Bucs do OK. I'm not sure how your rant had anything to do with my comment about the heat, but you never refute anything I say so go figure.

I don't know why you defend the Marlins and Rays with such passion, IMO if fans can't support a winner then they have no excuse to complain about losing teams, nor should they be surprised when their teams are moved. It's sad when people in Seattle lose a basketball team that they supported for years due to a greedy owner, or what happened to Browns fans when the team went to Baltimore. Those people supported their teams and got screwed. If people in Tampa won't support the Rays now then they never will.

Tom, that looks nice to you? To me that picture looks more like Alcatraz! They must send all the misfits to Pittsburgh and keep them from escaping by building tall fences around the river! Too funny.... :D

Dude I was on top of Mt. Washington looking down, they have a fence around the lookout so you don't fall down the big a** hill.

First you go up the incline.

Then you look out from the MT. Washington look out.

there are two diffrent sets of inclines, and two different look out
points.

If you ever go to Pittsburgh, take a ride up one.

Something is seriously wrong if they are in first place and only sell 12,000 tickets!

I thought the Tigers where doing bad, but atleast their games are almost sold out everytime!

In regard to the tigers....They had massive pre season ticket sales in leu of a possible playoff WS appearance....Well you see where that went.

I've got nothing against Florida in general. Florida and FSU have solid fan support. Even the Bucs do OK. I'm not sure how your rant had anything to do with my comment about the heat, but you never refute anything I say so go figure.

I don't know why you defend the Marlins and Rays with such passion, IMO if fans can't support a winner then they have no excuse to complain about losing teams, nor should they be surprised when their teams are moved. It's sad when people in Seattle lose a basketball team that they supported for years due to a greedy owner, or what happened to Browns fans when the team went to Baltimore. Those people supported their teams and got screwed. If people in Tampa won't support the Rays now then they never will.

I defend the Florida teams because there ARE baseball fans down here...IF there weren't any....you sure as sh** would not see spring training here. The problems have been stated by mean and others there are little RAYS and MARLINS fans because of all the transplanted northerners down here that ALREADY have their favorite teams. Yeah, they'll root for the local teams but they are NOT THEIR TEAMS. I lived in Miami when the ONLY Game in town was the Dolphins....PERIOD. This was PRE Miami HUrricanes having their national championships in football. THen I came back AFTER they got the HEAT, PATHERS and MARLINS. There are TONS of baseball fans....but little MARLINS fans...and until OWNERSHIP can prove they will not tear down EVERY SINGLE winning team that shows up here....they are gonna be afraid to give them full support. It's like going back to your ex....you know her goods, and she does them well....but you will not fully commit to her because she has burned you twice.

Until you as a sports fan has gone through it....you are nothing but a hater and talking out of your a$$!:rolleyes:

600? Are you kidding me? This has to be some sort of record, right?

It's got to be, and what makes it worse is how cavernous that stadium is. Fans and players must have been able to hear their echo.

BTW, the Red Sox tied the Indians MLB record of consecutive sellouts (455) last night. They'll set a new record Monday night when Tampa comes to Fenway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)