Tapatalk And The Satelliteguys Reader App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just downloaded the new Satelliteguys Reader app. Looks good & testing a post.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Had to uninstall the Win8 version to allow it to work right. I've seen this with some other modern UI apps. Thanks for the suggestion Scott.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Tapatalk HD seems to be fine on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Had problems with Tapatalk for Windows Phone. Had to reinstall it.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Now I remember what I didn't like about this reader app. The topics all show the first post instead of the first UNREAD post. That's why I kept using the old unsupported one. Any way to change that?

Reactions: ts7
iOS users, should I get Tapatalk or stick with with the SatGuys reader app? Any extra niceties with Tapatalk? For now I'm posting via Chrome on iOS 6.whatever

Working fine on android after uninstalling and reinstalling.

Same for me, once uninstalled then the new version installed all is good.

I use the Tapatalk Pro iOS app instead of the Satellite guys branded app because I have a couple other forums I like to use it for even though I rarely visit them. My only problem since the changeover is that the participated view no longer works. I use the computer when I want to browse random threads but sometimes when I'm waiting in line somewhere it's nice to quickly see if there are any new posts in the threads I have participated in.

Since the change to the new forum software I just get a spinning wheel for a while and then eventually it says there are no topics available if I am looking at the participated tab. Everything else appears to be working correctly including the unread view.

I realize that Satellite Guys has it's own app so fixing things like Tapatalk Pro functionality probably isn't a top priority. I'm hoping it's an easy fix that can be looked into when you have time though because I really like that feature.

Since the change to the new forum software I just get a spinning wheel for a while and then eventually it says there are no topics available if I am looking at the participated tab.

I had the same thing happen to me in Tapatalk HD. But after several Refresh attempts it finally started to work. Try refreshing the Participated list a few times.

Reactions: king3pj
I had the same thing happen to me in Tapatalk HD. But after several Refresh attempts it finally started to work. Try refreshing the Participated list a few times.

Yep, I just tried it again and it loaded right up on the first try. I did try a couple times last night and once more today with no success and assumed it was broken. I just tried refreshing again after your suggestion and it loaded right up.

I've got Tapatalk (paid version - better check for an update via Amazon as it doesn't auto-update like the Play Store) and on the "Subscribed" line, the number after that, in parentheses, was the number of new / unread posts in subscribed threads. Now, it appears to be showing the number of subscribed threads with no indication of how many are new or updated.

Yep, I just tried it again and it loaded right up on the first try. I did try a couple times last night and once more today with no success and assumed it was broken. I just tried refreshing again after your suggestion and it loaded right up.
I suspect it has something to do with how the indexing works. Initial attempt take longer and Tapatalk times out. Just my guess.

Just FYI on Tapatalk, there are no real settings here for me to adjust. You basically install their Plug In and it works.

I have a feeling the caching in Tapatalk is very good because from the description of things things fix themselves after you refresh a few times. :)

Just saw on Tapatalk's website that they're discontinuing the Pro version. Haven't figured out what they're doing or replacing it but I saw a mention that your user account will be converted to "VIP" status (no idea what that means yet) but only if you purchased through the Play Store. I bought mine through Amazon....

Just happened to me again. Took three refresh attempts to get the Participated list updated. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts