Tapatalk And The Satelliteguys Reader App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn... Even though ForumRunner was seriously undersupported, I still liked how it worked (that is, when it worked properly.) Good thing I've been getting used to TapaTalk since other sites are no longer supporting ForumRunner. The SatelliteGuys Reader app wasn't working yesterday but TapaTalk worked fine. I guess the Reader has been updated by now though. With this site now no longer supporting ForumRunner, I now have no use for it. RIP ForumRunner... :( .

Had to remove and re install, but satguys reader working fine now.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just saw on Tapatalk's website that they're discontinuing the Pro version.
They plan on inserting their own ads in the threads for forums they support when you use their reader. I am not too happy about that. I dont want people bitching to me about the number of ads when I am not putting the ads there and have no control over them. :(

ForumRunner is working for me on my Kindle Fire,but Satelliteguys Reader App isn't,even after re-downloading it from the Kindle Store

The one in the Amazon store is no longer being updated. Only Google Play and the Apple Store. Amazon was worse then Apple in approving apps.

You can download an apk which will work on your fire in our operations center forum. :)

A request. My iPad is the Jurassic 1.0 model. It's the very first one the sold. It's permanently locked into iOS 5.1.1 by Apple, forever. Even though it is in perfect working order Apple says I should throw it away and buy a new one for another $800.

One of the last things Apple did was to publish this bug ridden version of the OS that you can not upgrade from or downgrade to an older, more stable version. At least this one is easily jail broken.

More and more, when I try to install an app from the app store I get a message saying "sorry, only iOS 7.0 and above are supported." and I am not able to install the app.

In a very few cases I am told that there is an oooooooold version of the app available and it offers to let me download that.

Is there any way you guys can set up your new app so that it can also be installed on old iPads and old iPhones ?

Thanks! :)

I'm using the new Reader app on Galaxy S3 Android 4.4. The uplink report shows emoticons for S, O and D when the letters should be shown and not the emoticon. For example in the words San Juan, Odessa, Detroit.

Is there any way you guys can set up your new app so that it can also be installed on old iPads and old iPhones ?

Thanks! :)
Nope unfortunately. If we send something to Apple it must use their current standards and apis or they reject it. We can't overrule Apple and release it anyways.

iOS users, should I get Tapatalk or stick with with the SatGuys reader app? Any extra niceties with Tapatalk? For now I'm posting via Chrome on iOS 6.whatever

I'm using Tapatalk on my iPhone 5. I'm getting used to it- might stay with it even after the iOS Reader app is released. At least, until the ads start appearing.

BTW, don't waste your time with Topify.

Can't understand how they can street such a product. They've clearly done a lot of work on it at one time- how much more to make it actually usable?

My iPad is the Jurassic 1.0 model. It's the very first one the sold. It's permanently locked into iOS 5.1.1 by Apple, forever. Even though it is in perfect working order Apple says I should throw it away and buy a new one for another $800.
More and more, when I try to install an app from the app store I get a message saying "sorry, only iOS 7.0 and above are supported." and I am not able to install the app.

I am afraid it's time to upgrade your iPad, Dee_Ann! Very few apps will support the first gen. And you don't have to spend $800 really!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am afraid it's time to upgrade your iPad, Dee_Ann! Very few apps will support the first gen. And you don't have to spend $800 really!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When my son gave me this iPad he had just bought a new iPad mini and I think it was near $600..
It’s a non-essential item and I can’t justify the expense. I wouldn’t have one at all except for the fact that it was given to me.

Oh well.. Stuck in the past as always..

You should look at getting an Android tablet... a lot cheaper and you can do some neat FTA stuff with it, that you can't do with an iPad. :)

You should look at getting an Android tablet... a lot cheaper and you can do some neat FTA stuff with it, that you can't do with an iPad. :)

While I appreciate the recommendation, I am one of the tin foil ultra-paranoid types that does not trust/use google, at all.

What I’m more likely to do is find a lightweight laptop that has a native Compact Flash slot built in, (I am a semi-professional photographer) and it would be magnificent to be able to review photos in the field on a large screen. I would install OSX on it. I also do not use Microsoft, at all.

While I appreciate the recommendation, I am one of the tin foil ultra-paranoid types that does not trust/use google, at all.

What I’m more likely to do is find a lightweight laptop that has a native Compact Flash slot built in, (I am a semi-professional photographer) and it would be magnificent to be able to review photos in the field on a large screen. I would install OSX on it. I also do not use Microsoft, at all.

Interesting that you trust megacorp A but not megacorp G or megacorp M. ;)

- Trip

Compact Flash? You're looking for an antique? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, there’s $10,000 (and then some) of my antique stuff that uses compact flash.

I’m a professional photographer. REAL cameras use CF.

Attachments

• IMG_9757.JPG
    IMG_9757.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_9756.JPG
    IMG_9756.JPG
    920.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_9755.JPG
    IMG_9755.JPG
    681.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9754.JPG
    IMG_9754.JPG
    760.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_9753.JPG
    IMG_9753.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)