Tax Rebates early

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an 01 expecting a direct deposit and I'm still waiting. Lucky that I only expect to keep it in savings until gas reaches $15.00/gallon.

I think they are saying that if you used a Tax firm to process your taxes and had that firm deduct fees from your return then you get a paper check since the IRS didn't directly deposit money to your account, a third party bank did.

I think the website is strictly a calculation based on the last digits of the SS# you input and the number of exemptions you claim. It's way too fast to have actually pulled up our tax records and stimulus package status.

My wife and I E-Filed on 4/13 and mailed our state return (as the refund didnt make fiscal sense to pay the efile fee), we got out STATE refund on 4/23, our Federal Refund on 4/25, and our stimulus on 5/2.

Pretty danged impressed with both parts of government considering we waited till near the last day to file.

no way to use the website If you had to pay any amount this year:(

You can use it. But remember the only ones getting electronic refunds are those who got direct deposit of a refund. Everyone els3e has to wait for the paper checks. The site will give info on those rebates but not until abou ta week before they go out.

The site uses the SN and the number of exemptions to check the database as to when your refund (electronic or pap3er) went out. No calculation is done.

Last edited:
What if you had to pay but used electronic funds (checking account) to pay? Has anyone done that and received their stim payment electronically (direct deposit)?

I intentionally filed electronically and paid via direct checking withdraw assuming that this was the case.

The IRS website only makes mention of those receiving direct deposit receiving the rebates early. it des not mention those who made electronic payments.

I got money back from the fed gov't but paid to the state..both deposited/withdrawn from same acct

that website above doesnt show anything and supposedly mine should be this week (31 is last two)

I got money back from the fed gov't but paid to the state..both deposited/withdrawn from same acct

that website above doesnt show anything and supposedly mine should be this week (31 is last two)

Paer check or direct deposit>? But you are not alone. Not everyone is seeing their check listed. Not sure if there isa problem with the site or a delay in processing the rebates.

"But remember the only ones getting electronic refunds are those who got direct deposit of a refund."

I don't think this is true. See this post and the link in this post:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1279799-post27.html

or

Economic Stimulus Payment FAQs: Direct Deposit

i hope that you are correct. That states that if you completed the bank routing info you will get it. So far though I only hear about people NOT getting it but I suppose that is a case of people complaining loudly.

Anybody here get a rebate who did not get an electronic refund?

Here is the full guidancwe from the IRS website.

Q. Can I have my stimulus payment direct deposited?

A. Stimulus payments will be direct deposited for taxpayers who select that option when filing their 2007 tax returns. Taxpayers who already filed and requested direct deposit won't need to do anything else to receive the stimulus payment. Taxpayers who did not request Direct Deposit for their 2007 refund will receive a paper check by mail. The IRS reminds taxpayers who haven't filed their 2007 returns yet that Direct deposit is the fastest way to get both regular refunds and stimulus payments.

Q. If I'm not expecting a refund, should I still fill out the direct deposit line on my return so I can get my stimulus payment directly deposited?

A. Yes. Even if you aren't due a refund on your tax return, filling out the bank routing information will allow for your stimulus payment to be directly deposited.

i hope that you are correct. That states that if you completed the bank routing info you will get it. So far though I only hear about people NOT getting it but I suppose that is a case of people complaining loudly.

Anybody here geta rebate who did not get an electronic refund?

I'll find out next week. I had to pay taxes this year but would love to see the stimulus payment in my checking account next week. :)

I was suppost to get mine direct deposited today.. Never showed up. When I go to the IRS's website, it says that there is no status on my check. Guess im getting paper wich means that I wont be stimulated untill July.

This blows because I had my funds direct deposited, but I payed HR Block out of my refund. They are not heavly advertising it, so I wonder how many pissed off people are swamping the IRS with questions on where there check is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)