Tax Rebates early

Status
Not open for further replies.
same boat here:(

yeah same here...If I paid my fees by CC, I would have rceived my refund by May 2nd :(

checked on IRS web site today it said that my refund was to be processed May 7th and that if I dont have it by June 4th, to call them :eek:

I wonder if by "processed" they mean the check is in the mail?

I didn't even get that. Mine said it may not have been processed yet.

So because I chose to pay the filing fee out of my return vs paying for it separately then I will get a check instead? That sucks!

That is because the feds did not direct deposit the refund for you then. The refund goes to another company and they take the filing fee out before depositing it for you.

I received mine today just like the IRS website said I should. It showed that the refund would be processed on 5/8 at the latest and the money was in my account on 5/9.

What I dont get is the direct deposit info is listed on my 1040 is for my bank account, not some other banks. Even though they did take the funds out of my refund, why cant they just look at my 1040 and use that as the direct deposit info on it is right. My last two are 68 and I havent seen it yet. :(

What I dont get is the direct deposit info is listed on my 1040 is for my bank account, not some other banks. Even though they did take the funds out of my refund, why cant they just look at my 1040 and use that as the direct deposit info on it is right.
Because you did it through HRB like I and others have done, when you pay for your income tax work out of the refund they send along a form that directs the IRS to first transfer your refund to their bank and then they take the remaining funds and transfer it to your bank and if you look at the transfer info on your bank account it will show that it came from them not the IRS. Your forms are more than likely already filed away and or digitized or both but the bank routing for fiscal year 2007 is the HRB's bank and is on record as such.

Remember GB you are a goverment employee and you know how they work, if it makes sense then it doesnt have enough red tape.

Because you did it through HRB like I and others have done, when you pay for your income tax work out of the refund they send along a form that directs the IRS to first transfer your refund to their bank and then they take the remaining funds and transfer it to your bank and if you look at the transfer info on your bank account it will show that it came from them not the IRS. Your forms are more than likely already filed away and or digitized or both but the bank routing for fiscal year 2007 is the HRB's bank and is on record as such.

Remember GB you are a goverment employee and you know how they work, if it makes sense then it doesnt have enough red tape.

It does not have to be HRB. Tax Cut and Turbo Tax do the same thing if you want to pay the filing fees straight out of the return. If I remember correctly this is what they did.

It does not have to be HRB. Tax Cut and Turbo Tax do the same thing if you want to pay the filing fees straight out of the return. If I remember correctly this is what they did.
It was an example though, Im sure that this is the case with any service that allows you to pay for the preperation out of the refund.

That is because the feds did not direct deposit the refund for you then. The refund goes to another company and they take the filing fee out before depositing it for you.

dammit....that's why I havent got mine yet

I was suppost to get mine direct deposited today.. Never showed up. When I go to the IRS's website, it says that there is no status on my check. Guess im getting paper wich means that I wont be stimulated untill July.

This blows because I had my funds direct deposited, but I payed HR Block out of my refund. They are not heavly advertising it, so I wonder how many pissed off people are swamping the IRS with questions on where there check is.

Well if you goto the IRS web site it says in you got a RAL or had tax preparation fees taken from your refund that you will be getting a papercheck.

OK heres a question. The electronic deposit info was included on my 1040 tax return on lines 74 b,c and d but I owed money and wrote a check. Will my stimulus refund be deposited early by direct deposit or will I recieve a check much later?

Still haven't gotten mine. According to the chart I should have gotten it yesterday. Damn.

I was supposed to get my rebate yesterday according to the IRS site. I called the IRS today (a Saturday) and there was someone actually there to talk to. She said my 2007 return has not been "processed" and that's why I didn't get my rebate.

I mailed my tax return in the beginning of March and got the refund I was due the first week of April. She said that tax refunds are sent even though the returns are not yet "processed" since they would have to pay interest if the taxpayer does not receive it in a timely manner.

She said they are MANY weeks behind in having all of the returns they have "processed". She could not tell me how many weeks. She said I should call them back in a month or two if the rebate does not show up in my bank account... :rolleyes:

I think if they are publishing those dates for getting refunds they should hire more people so they can in a more timely manner and have our returns "processed" within a couple of months of receiving them.

Yes, I did give them my Direct Deposit info, and had the original tax refund deposited to my account.

Sorry. In your earlier post you mentioned no refund but said that you paid by credit card. I thought you meant that you owed tax and paid that b ya CC. Clearly you meant something else.

I have noticed that nobody seemed to mention as i do taxes.

If you used taxact or turbo tax and the fees came out of your return the fees are payed as follows:

Turbotax & taxact charge fees and SBB&T charges fees to deposit your money to the bank .

SBB&T is what the GOV uses to send Direct Deposits

How it works:

Turbo tax & taxact send your retun to the IRS to be approved Then SBB&T takes over and pay Turbotax & taxact then SBB&T takes there fee to sent it to your bank so the Goverment does not do the deposits SBB&T does.

That is why when you got to check were your refund is for the first direct deposit you got you have to enter the amount before the fees are taken out (the Goverment has noway of knowing what fees you paid to get your return done.)

So in ending the Goverment has found a way to mess up another easy way you to get your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)