TBS 6920 troubleshooting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

49studebaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
I have a TBS 6920. The device sometime disappears from Windows device manager. The device will not tune channels. Has any one else had a similar problem with their TBS 6920? The ADJ 0833 IC gets hotter than the other ICs. I think this component could be faulty. Any troubleshooting tips? Voltages to check?

I've got same problem with a TBS 5922. Never have got it to work right. I have a 5980 that works just fine. Windows keeps losing the 5922.

I have a TBS 6920. The device sometime disappears from Windows device manager. The device will not tune channels. Has any one else had a similar problem with their TBS 6920? The ADJ 0833 IC gets hotter than the other ICs. I think this component could be faulty. Any troubleshooting tips? Voltages to check?
Have you tried mounting a pc exhaust fan in the case and aiming the flow directly at the card. I had to do this a few years back with a case that was poorly designed to increase air flow over my hard drives. Worth a shot for the few bucks a fan costs plus the effort to mount it. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts