TBS Audio pops

akaRadar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Hi,
I have a 811 connected by optical cable to my HT 7.1 amp. On TBS CH 139 I always have a popping or clicking sound coming from the speakers. It's not very loud. I also think the audio occasionally drops out, but only for maybe a second.
I only get this on TBS. All other channels and DVD seem fine. I'm sure it's some kind of digital audio problem, but why only one channel.
Does anyone else get this?
Thanks

Weird you mention that cause as I "haven't" heard this on Dish since I've had it for a week I did hear this constantly on Time Warner however.

Yragha said:
Weird you mention that cause as I "haven't" heard this on Dish since I've had it for a week I did hear this constantly on Time Warner however.

Thanks for the reply. Was this only on TBS or all Time Warner channels?

I here a pop on the weather channel and nasa sometimes I think it's normal.It probebly has more to do with the satellites then your reciever.I have the 301 reciever.I have 2 and both have the same popping sound but only occasionally on the two channels above.I rarely watch tbs I will put it on there and see if I hear it.

I have a 510 and have always noticed a pop in the audio... I thought I was crazy when I always heard the same thing on my 301, but when we got our 510 almost 2 years ago the popping sound still was there so your ears are hearing things correct... CC