TC-1000 and Stab HH 120

Status
Please reply by conversation.

transco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
I've used the Stab positioner with several different Pansat receivers in 'USALS' positioning mode and never had a problem. Set my Lat / Lon and it hits every satellite dead on. I seem to be missing something with the Pansat TC-1000 however. For some reason it just isn't landing on the satellite, or I should say it isn't landing on the correct satellite. I've done a factory reset on the TC-1000. I've reset the Stab HH 120, but still no joy. I can connect my 9200 or 3500 and it works perfectly. I must be missing something. Any ideas?

make sure to set your long to W and not E

and your lat to N and not S

i know it seems obvious but sometimes overlooked....

Mikey11 said:
make sure to set your long to W and not E

and your lat to N and not S

i know it seems obvious but sometimes overlooked....

Yes, I double checked just to be sure. There is an firmware update for the receiver. I put the '.bin' on a flash drive as per the instructions, but it ignores it. One more thing I've seen is the receiver gets into a strange slow mode where it takes at least 2 seconds to move from one menu item to the next. Power cycle it a few times and things start working properly again. If there are any TC-1000 owners out there, I'd like to compare notes. Could be this thing is a lemon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)