TCM HD 132

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chicagonettech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
First is was audio dropouts on TCM's HD feed - 132, on WA, Sat 129. They would last anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. Aggravating, but to be expected with Dish's exceptional history of excellent customer dis-service and low prices.

Now, tonite, during the 31 days of Oscar, signal on 132 lost ALTOGETHER - for more than 20 minutes - during the best part of On The Waterfront - the scene where Brando is debating whether he should testify or not.

What gives, Dish? Turner says there was nothing wrong with their signal feed. We confirmed this with our neighbor who was also watching on Comcast.

So, now, on top of an almost $15.00 increase from January to February, we have Dish screwing with feeds and dropping out signal altogether during prime time.

Sorry, Charlie, we don't want to fund your lost customers - all 156,000 of them last quarter, or pay for your new bandwidth acquisition with Hughes.

No contract here - never had one. The other half just announced that we need to drop dish - Comcast's 100% fiber to the hub network is now much more reliable and, with the recent Dish price increases, is less expensive.

Last edited:
First is was audio dropouts on TCM's HD feed - 132, on WA, Sat 129. They would last anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. Aggravating, but to be expected with Dish's exceptional history of excellent customer dis-service and low prices.

Now, tonite, during the 31 days of Oscar, signal on 132 lost ALTOGETHER - for more than 20 minutes - during the best part of On The Waterfront - the scene where Brando is debating whether he should testify or not.

What gives, Dish? Turner says there was nothing wrong with their signal feed. We confirmed this with our neighbor who was also watching on Comcast.

So, now, on top of an almost $15.00 increase from January to February, we have Dish screwing with feeds and dropping out signal altogether during prime time.

Sorry, Charlie, we don't want to fund your lost customers - all 156,000 of them last quarter, or pay for your new bandwidth acquisition with Hughes.

No contract here - never had one. The other half just announced that we need to drop dish - Comcast's 100% fiber to the hub network is now much more reliable and, with the recent Dish price increases, is less expensive.

It wasn't just TCM which we lost tonight off Sat. 129.... The signal also went dark on Univision-HD Ch. 270 and TeleFutura-West-HD on Ch. 272 at the same time....

I thought it was my equipment causing the lost signals and so I did a "check switch"..... But nothing !... The channels came back dark after doing this.... I then went to check other Sat. 129 channels and saw that some (like TCM), were also dark....

Shouldn't there be some announcement here at Satellite Guys tonight explaining what went wrong with Sat. 129 tonight (in the 9PM ET hour) ? And which transponders were failing ?..... This went on for close to 30 minutes in prime time so it is not insignificant.... Thanks !

Some kind of bug they are having w/ audio lately. There has been much discussion about the sound drop outs. I don't get TCM but it happens on BBC although never as long as you have mentioned.

It wasn't just TCM which we lost tonight off Sat. 129.... The signal also went dark on Univision-HD Ch. 270 and TeleFutura-West-HD on Ch. 272 at the same time....

I thought it was my equipment causing the lost signals and so I did a "check switch"..... But nothing !... The channels came back dark after doing this.... I then went to check other Sat. 129 channels and saw that some (like TCM), were also dark....

Shouldn't there be some announcement here at Satellite Guys tonight explaining what went wrong with Sat. 129 tonight (in the 9PM ET hour) ? And which transponders were failing ?..... This went on for close to 30 minutes in prime time so it is not insignificant.... Thanks !

Haven't seen or heard of any problems w/ video like you are saying though. Maybe it is an equipment problem

Ive notice audio drops on time warner cable myself so I would guess this is from TCM master feed. TCM is not going to admit to any problems, denial is much easier to say than to admit to any problems. Since they just provide the Master feeds plenty of other people to take the blame.

TCM just this morning had audio problems on Charter Cable again at work. But the OP was so mad at Dish for the raise in prices, which apparently no other provider ever has, so I just decided not to try to explain....

So, should I get angry at Dish when FSC and ESPN2 have a second of a hiccup while broadcasting matches from the EPL? Honestly, Charlie Ergen could have been a contender, could have been a somebody, instead of a bum. Which is what he is, let's face it. It was Charlie. :D

Have you checked that your dish is properly peaked or is being obstructed by a tree that has grown since last year? Also make sure your lnb is not becoming a home for a spider or something. The dish I had for my stores muzak had a spider living in the lnb. We would get choppy audio andcut outs quite a bit. Hope it improves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts