TCM HD coming July 19th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In the last poll they had over there which was last year BBCA came in 1st and TCM came in second. Things are looking up for the first time in a while.

Those of us who are loyal TCM fans know all about that and we're happy to take what we can get. The studios, not TCM, are dragging their feet when it comes to making HD masters when only TCM runs them. TCM will never run totally HD that's the way it is when they run they type of programming they do. No complaints from me.
If you read the thread about TCM HD at AVS Forums, you'll see that it's TCM dragging their feet. The French version of TCM runs in real HD, while the US version is upconverted SD. Since TCM is owned by Time Warner, there is no excuse for the HD versions of WB movies not to be available here also. Oh, and Iceberg, TCM HD and BBCA HD are both available right now over at Dish. So who's dragging their feet with this? Direct has their issues too (although they might not be as bad as Dish is currently).

Says coming July 19.
Wouldn't be surprised to see it sooner.

Would be great to have TCM,EPIX AND BBCA in HD and others more HD the better :)

More HD is good for sure. Heck I just noticed that Boston PBS locals are in HD now. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We at Dish are still waiting for the Boston PBS locals in HD. That's one Directv has over us. You'll enjoy TCM in HD. Old film seems to transfer well to HD.
Thanks for the TCM info.
I had Dish before DirecTV so I know where the best choice for me is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)