Team Summit Discussion Thread

Scott Greczkowski said:
An update...

For those of you who have been asking about VOOM and HDLite the wod is that nothing will be changing on Dish Networks end and that it is VOOM who is down resing the channels. Dish is sending what they are getting from VOOM.

Sorry Scott but Dish Network is just playing the "passing the bucket" game. According to Voom it was Dish Network who asked them to downresize the channels. Voom has the ability to send via fiber all 21 Voom HD channels. As always Dish Network is just talking crap.

Scott Greczkowski said:
<snip>.....Finally just one thing I would like to ask, many of you have posted questions that you want me to ask the Dish Network folks, and I have asked those questions. Some of you have not liked their answers, I ask that you don't get mad at me about their replies I am just passing along what is told to me. I am here to bring you all the breaking news first, something SatelliteGuys does very well. So I ask please don't shoot the messenger. :)
:)

No problem Scott. I think most of us are grateful as hell that you're doing this for us and completly understand you're just trying to give us the truth. "You report - we decide" is the way it should be.

That being said, don't friggen bother to come home until you make Dish resolve the HDLite issue.:devil:

waltinvt said:
See.....they just didn't have the experience to realize that Scott would probably start a new thread anyway as soon as things started happening.

I tell ya, it's tough being a parent somedays.:D

I am not new to Forums or BBS's for that matter. I am new to DISH and this fourm. But it is nice to learn the kind of members this forum has.

Just want to say thank you for all your hard work. I know this trip comes out of your own pocket and that only shows dedication to your site (Satelliteguys.us).

I agree

bhenge said:
It's sadder than that.... many of those who 'NOTICE' don't care. I can't tell you how many friends come to my home theater (Runco projection, 100" Stewart Filmscreen, Lexicon processing, OTA and E* HD) and are 'amazed'..... then run home and are happy to watch their 27" standard def TV's... only a few have actually taken the step to get HD sets and one of them thinks that watching 16x9 stretched SD on an HD set is actually true HD because it 'fills' the screen. Even with HD sets well under $1000, they still don't bite. All in all, it makes what these forums do more important... our minority must be vocal and must shake the HD trees or there would be no voice for HD hardly at all.....

I wonder who we should be talking to. This weekend's ads from Best Buy and Circuit city had mostly 720p TVs. I saw 1 1080p and no 1080i. The 1080p was in the $5k range. Even the LCD 720p TVs didn't have the full 1280x720p capability.It looks like the TV manufacturers are setting the standard. There is no watchdog organization caring about this issue. Many of the sets should not be advertized as HD.

I posted in the other thread about the VOOM HD Lite stuff but it looks like Dish Network is passing the bucket saying it is not our fault when in fact if I recall correctly Voom was doing 1440x1080i and 1920x1080i channels. When the Fiber when LIVE most channels were reduced to 1440x1080i and then it went to 1280x1080i. When I started my inquiry as to why, I was told that Dish Network not Voom asked for all of them to be downresized to 1280x1080i and that Voom was able not do 15 but all 21 VOOM HD channels at 1920x1080i at 19mbs if there was a need. It sounds like Dish Network wants to pass the blame to others and not admit that they are the HD Lite leader. What is the excuse for the new channels at HD Lite?

I just wished that there was an alternative to get the VoOM channels. I can't wait for Verizon FiOs to come around and get these F*** provider out of the picture with their HD Lite nonsense. It is getting to be nonsense that they are false advertising the HD signal. I lost lots of respect for Dish Network. They are the laughing stock of the HD Lite leaders.

"This weekend's ads from Best Buy and Circuit city had mostly 720p TVs"

I noticed the same thing, I just thought they wanted to get rid of all the 720p TVs in stock.

dslate69 said:
I am not new to Forums or BBS's for that matter. I am new to DISH and this fourm. But it is nice to learn the kind of members this forum has.

I am sorry I implied you were a newbie. I just noticed on DBSTalk that you're all the way up to 12 posts. Add that to your count here and I don't know where you find the time.

Seriously though, accept my apologies. I know I'm kind of a prick sometimes. Truce ? :)

Yeah Thanks Scott for the updates cant waite to see what news comes out today. If anyone notices any new channels showing up please post to let the rest of us know..

Sean Mota said:
It is getting to be nonsense that they are false advertising the HD signal. I lost lots of respect for Dish Network. They are the laughing stock of the HD Lite leaders.

Actually, Sean, D* is the "laughing stock of the HD Lite leaders", but it appears as though E* is trying really hard to earn the title. :rolleyes:

Fact is, I wanted StarzHD and would have subscribed if it wasn't HD-Lite. Now that it is, E* can forget it. This acceptance of anything lower than 1080i is rediculous and I won't stand for it. So, I suppose one could say that I am voting with my wallet.

ChetK said:
Actually, Sean, D* is the "laughing stock of the HD Lite leaders", but it appears as though E* is trying really hard to earn the title. :rolleyes:

Chetk long time we do not get at each other on a thread and I completely agree with you about D* and E*. These freaking satellite companies are getting away with murder when it comes to the HDTV arena. Freaking idiots...

"I am just freaking mad about this non-sense and the lies..."

waltinvt said:
I am sorry I implied you were a newbie. I just noticed on DBSTalk that you're all the way up to 12 posts. Add that to your count here and I don't know where you find the time.

Seriously though, accept my apologies. I know I'm kind of a prick sometimes. Truce ? :)
You gonna do a credit report on me next ?

By the way is that 34" HDTV in your kids room ? What is you main TV ? :)

bhelms said:
And at the end of the day, that's the only thing that will ultimately make any difference...!

Actually, until this makes national media attention and some consumer affairs group or states AG make something of it...the ignorant joe-six-pack will never know the difference or care.

Sean Mota said:
I posted in the other thread about the VOOM HD Lite stuff but it looks like Dish Network is passing the bucket saying it is not our fault when in fact if I recall correctly Voom was doing 1440x1080i and 1920x1080i channels. When the Fiber when LIVE most channels were reduced to 1440x1080i and then it went to 1280x1080i. When I started my inquiry as to why, I was told that Dish Network not Voom asked for all of them to be downresized to 1280x1080i and that Voom was able not do 15 but all 21 VOOM HD channels at 1920x1080i at 19mbs if there was a need. It sounds like Dish Network wants to pass the blame to others and not admit that they are the HD Lite leader. What is the excuse for the new channels at HD Lite?

I just wished that there was an alternative to get the VoOM channels. I can't wait for Verizon FiOs to come around and get these F*** provider out of the picture with their HD Lite nonsense. It is getting to be nonsense that they are false advertising the HD signal. I lost lots of respect for Dish Network. They are the laughing stock of the HD Lite leaders.
Sean, I hate it when you sugar coat things...tell us how you really feel.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I love the VOOM channels but I am SICK & TIRED AND FED UP with VOOM-Lite...and all the double-talk, finger-pointing, and rhetoric we've been hearing since...what?...last October or November? Dish Network and Rainbow Media have been deceiving their customers, and lying to SatelliteGuys members & staff for the past 7-8 months. It's time to stop our "wishful thinking" in that someone on Fantasy Island will magically correct this nonsensical fiber problem, and start "demanding" answers!

We can start by renaming the VOOM HD Programming Forum to the VOOM HD-Lite Programming Forum since both Dish Network and VOOM are both culpable and can share the blame. Let's not sugar coat our feelings nor appease any of these yutzes in the hope that one day, out of the goodness of their greedy little hearts, they will provide us with the HD services we're paying to receive. Last time I looked I was paying for DishHD...not DishHD-Lite!!!:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts