Team Summit Discussion Thread

TV's that cant resolve 1980? They are joking right?

So does this mean that down-rezed channels will look worse on TV's that CAN resolve 1980?

All of the Sammy HLS owners and SXRD owners ought to be up in arms on this...

Most microdisplays can't

Well most displays pre HLS and SXRD (which i'm assuming most of us own) can't display full 1080i/p

So that statement is not incorrect... it's still not a good answer, they should be on voom's behind to fix their uplink then, i'm sure they are happy they can offer the channels at reduced resolutions and still market it at HD because of their provider's issue!

Paradox-SJ said:
TV's that cant resolve 1980? They are joking right?

So does this mean that down-rezed channels will look worse on TV's that CAN resolve 1980?

All of the Sammy HLS owners and SXRD owners ought to be up in arms on this...

riffjim4069 said:
Hmmm. So far the 1920x1080i HD LILs have lots of problems...this downrez cannot be good IMO. Any time estimate on how long we'll have to deal with the NFL-Lite and Starz-Lite channels?
I honestly dont see it changing (thats my opinion of course)

How would slingbox be any different than bringing a receiver to camp or in the RV which are no no's?:rolleyes:

voom downressing channels, i see thats the type of answer i expect from dish "its not our fault" yeah right
dish network just like Latino heat rip
they lie they cheat they steal

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
OK back from the uplink now, Team Summit does not officially start until tommorow. So here are some of my photos from the Uplink (remember they would not let Cameras inside)

Wonder if dish network ever gets rain fade? those are some serious dishes!

nitstalker said:
Scott, I love the photo with the rent-a-cop just over your shoulder... Is he there to keep you in line? :)

I believe he was the tour guide, and also the uplinker (thats why we dont have our channels today, he was busy)

Scott,

It's weird that Dish says most sets can't resolve 1080p -- guess what the buzz is on consumer displays now?

I'll give you a hint, it's "Full HD", "True HD" etc etc. These would be displays that are 1080p capable.

LCDs, Plasmas, Rear Projection microdisplays and Front projectors are all going 1080p. I'm putting up the 1080p projector at the end of the month, and I will guarantee you it will be noticable.

Regards,

They have had outages once in a great while if a severe storm is in between their uplink dishes and the satellites.

I wish I could find the link but I recall that VOOM confimed last year that DISH requested they down rez and that it was not their idea. Then all this fiber talk was given as the reason. It would be so nice if DISH would release a clear statement rather than whisper "VOOM did it" in the back hallways. What does DISH have to hide by stating it publically. And the statement that a slight down rez will hardly be noticed is another way of saying. "It's good enoufh for most of the turkeys who sub."

Oh FIOS...please come to my area. Bring the god of truth.

John Kotches said:
Scott,

It's weird that Dish says most sets can't resolve 1080p -- guess what the buzz is on consumer displays now?

I'll give you a hint, it's "Full HD", "True HD" etc etc. These would be displays that are 1080p capable.

LCDs, Plasmas, Rear Projection microdisplays and Front projectors are all going 1080p. I'm putting up the 1080p projector at the end of the month, and I will guarantee you it will be noticable.

Regards,

Speaking of toys LOL you should see the new toy I just got last week! :) :eek: 62inch 1080P set :D My wife bought it for me and I must say she does pick tv's out good LOL, I tought her right :)

Nice pics! What's the duct work going into the dishes for? To keep any ice off of the dishes?

Gotta love the digital "massaging" going on here. 1920x1080 content in, 1440x1080 i content sent up into the sky, receiver upscales to standard 1920x1080i, and then the TV scales it to its native resolution. Nice! ;)

digiblur said:
Nice pics! What's the duct work going into the dishes for? To keep any ice off of the dishes?

Gotta love the digital "massaging" going on here. 1920x1080 content in, 1440x1080 i content sent up into the sky, receiver upscales to standard 1920x1080i, and then the TV scales it to its native resolution. Nice! ;)
Yeah, why having it simple, when you can have it complicated?:D

Hey scott while you are there find out any info you can on the status of the fight network. If they have the tennis channel then we should get the fight network. I know you are also wanting this channel so see what you can dig up for us.

I am certainly stoked that we are getting more HD content tomorrow. But this down-ressing stuff continues to be a thorn in our sides. I dunno where they get their info from, but at least they are not as bad as Nintendo. Nintendo claimed during E3 that the reason Wii will not have anything above 480p is because the majority of TVs people own cannot do higher resolutions. It's like these large companies are either completely misinformed, in total denial, or they just like making excuses for why they are doing things on the cheap. Could be all three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)