Team Summit Discussion Thread

Scott... I hope you don't get so ga ga with what DISH tells you as you did at CES. We need to press the HDLITE issue and your the man at the moment. Good luck.

waltinvt said:
FLASH - this just in:

"It's been rumored from anomous sources that an inner-office memo from the executive offices of Dish Network has surfaced. It discribes in detail an intricate plot to dupe a certain Scott Grabozki or Grobeanski - I'm sorry folks but the spelling of that last name is really not clear - with false information pertaining to the launch dates of certain new HD channels."

"It goes on to mention that this may be in retailation for the alledged 'leaking' of sensitive internal Dish Network documents discribing - here again it's hard to read folks but I believe it's refering to a schedule of channel and transponder moves".

"That's it for now folks - more as it breaks".

hehe...I was thinking the same thing earlier! hehe

(hey walt...arent you being a little negative today?!? ;) ...hehe :D )

The Beach Boys just about put me to sleep. Man are they old! No announcements tonight, of course, but I bet they'll tell fill everyone in tomorrow morning at the Opening Ceremonies with Charlie & Jim.

gutter said:
Scott... I hope you don't get so ga ga with what DISH tells you as you did at CES. We need to press the HDLITE issue and your the man at the moment. Good luck.

Gutter,

You know as well as I do that Scott is NOT the man for this job. He proved it previously. Remember what he said. He would rather see more content over QUALITY True HD! Don't look for him to carry that torch. He WON'T do it. Right Scott!!!!? He is there to just report.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Scott mentioned a 612 receiver. So do you guys think this'll be a single tuner HD DVR? That was a nice teaser from Scott.

Maybe this is going to be a single tuner HD DVR (the 510 replacement). I think they should not release another receiver but just drop the price of the 622 more instead. The 622 should be the standard receiver in the future. They need to make a better version that has two satellite HD tuners so that you can get HD programming on the second tv output as well from the satellite.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am here at the opening ceremony and Opie Goes Bad is playing.

I am directly in the front row and will have great seats for Rich Little and the beach boys.

For some reason they keep showing my picture over and over again on the big screens. (ugg)

More later ;)

Rich Little? Who's he impersonating. a corpse? :eek:

Seriously, thought he was dead.

I'm sitting here in the Indianapolis HD local market with my channels uplinked on 118k and I REALLY hope that there will be some news about how they plan to implement HD LIL for us. I have no OTA capabilty and this is a big question for me.

Just read the blog- Scott, you are the MAN! Rich Little? No way! That guy was old school before there was an old school! :p

Anyway, keep up the great posts. I swear, this is my favorite site to lurk around. Good stuff!

DWS44 said:
hehe...I was thinking the same thing earlier! hehe

(hey walt...arent you being a little negative today?!? ;) ...hehe :D )

Haven't you noticed - I always get a little "cynical" when there's something pending from "E". Mabye it's their track record - maybe it's me.:D

nazz said:
I'm sitting here in the Indianapolis HD local market with my channels uplinked on 118k and I REALLY hope that there will be some news about how they plan to implement HD LIL for us. I have no OTA capabilty and this is a big question for me.

Me three. Looks like Indy has been put into Limbo for some reason. What is this 118/119k anyway? I could care less about the bird. I want my Indy HDs!!!

Last edited:
nazz said:

Me three!!!

What Scott actually states in post #172 regarding the start up time for the new HD channels was.........

"Ok I was sitting at the bar eating some buffalo wings when a dish employee sat next to me.

He was talking to someone else about programming and hd so I asked him the status of the new HD Channels. He told me TOMMOROW at around 1pm eastern time.

I told him that all the employees 8 talked to today kept saying they launched today. He said this was due to a misprint in the employee schedule book the employees we issued.

Its almost here and again National Geographic did look very good. "

First scott had nice things to say about the call center, and then he believed an E* rep who said the channels were already on.

I always suspected the kool-aid was a little thicker in denver, but I had no idea. C'mon Scott, snap out of it...=)>

BTW, don't point out the women in the pics, we don't want the prize goddess finding out...Just a little surprise for us from scott, keep it on the down-low in the future eh??

It would be nice if they would make a USB Drive for the 411 and 211. Scott if you can ask someone if they have any plans on doing that since they all have a USB Input..

Poke said:
It would be nice if they would make a USB Drive for the 411 and 211. Scott if you can ask someone if they have any plans on doing that since they all have a USB Input..
No plans for that the only thing you can use the USB for on the 211 is a PocketDish.

Any idea why they said "Fall" for a rollout of USB anyways? What is there to really test on such a thing? Anti-Piracy measures?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts