Team Summit General Assembly Notes

Nice subtle hint Scott. Futures so bright you gotta wear shades!! Nice picture!! That being said the rest of you ought to know that good things are on the horizon. Trust!
...except the current HD lineup has been looking woefully Lite lately. If more watered-down HD-Lite is in store, then I doubt there will be many good things on the horizon...just a soft, artifact-filled representation of its former self. :( I recently compared two broadcasts against recordings made during 11/2006 and the older recordings were of better quality (and the 11/06 recordings were already a liter version) Likewise, I am now seeing artifacts on FoodHD that I didn't noticed before.

All you get when you stuff a bunch of people into a Phone Booth are a bunch of unhappy and miserable people...that's what is happening to the HD PQ for quite sometime. We all appreciate more HD, but perhaps the RSNs and CinemaxHD should to be dropped from the lineup until E* resolves these encoder/bandwidth issues.

Which Satellite for Alaska HD Locals?

Scott, great report!

See Dish HD Locals on the EKB.

Does anyone have a clue as to which Satellite(s) will carry Alaska's HD Locals?
Currently the SD Locals are:
Anchorage 119
Fairbanks 110
Juneau 110

Is it reasonable to expect that the HD Locals will follow on to the corresponding Sats?

Scott,

Being that I am new to Dish and Team Summit, will you be posting a review on the forums with everything you've learned and can discuss?
As someone not so new, I also second that request.
A summary is needed of what was announced.
There are lots of sticky threads, but none for that.
Thanks!

My Thoughts In Wrapping Up

Hacking should not be be an issue when they move to all MPEG4.
That was the theory behind the last card swap. I think Dish has its priorities wrong, and alot of their speculations and proposals are based in fantasy. If they had retailers and customers at heart, they would secure what they have now, and then move forward. Sorry, I dont see it happening. I will support this site, though, because I believe we stand for all that is GOOD.

Hacking should not be be an issue when they move to all MPEG4.

Dish has a few things that they have not used yet which are built into their chipset on the MPEG4 receivers. And only their chipset has these features.

I can't wait for it to happen. (And thats all I am going to say about that) :)

Hope they aren't going to rely on MPEG4 alone with all the new FTA MPEG4 boxes coming out.

Does anyone have a clue as to which Satellite(s) will carry Alaska's HD Locals?
Currently the SD Locals are:
Anchorage 119
Fairbanks 110
Juneau 110

Is it reasonable to expect that the HD Locals will follow on to the corresponding Sats?

The new Alaska HD Locals will be on 110, spotbeam 46, spotbeams that are unused now for the AK HD pak. tps 4, 12, 26, 27, 29, and 31 are all fired up and hot. Tps 12, 27, and 29 carry the HD pak, channels 5501, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 15, and 16.

The new Alaska HD Locals will be on 110, spotbeam 46, spotbeams that are unused now for the AK HD pak. tps 4, 12, 26, 27, 29, and 31 are all fired up and hot. Tps 12, 27, and 29 carry the HD pak, channels 5501, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 15, and 16.

Thanks redsalmon. Looks like I'll be repointing my 148 dish to 119 and my 119 dish to 110.:)

This is totally just a guess, but I'd be really surprised if Cinemax was the last national HD channel we get this year.
They need to add a couple more channels just to make sure that "DIRECTV will offer three-times more HD programming than any other multi-channel distributor" doesn't come to pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)