Team Summit Press Event

king3pj said:
OTA support will be good for those who wanted it but I don't see it being a big enough deal to most people for a special event.

I agree. I was reluctant to change to the hopper because of the lack of OTA. But now that I've had the hopper for a while I don't even miss it. The only reason I would still want it would be during storms. If the sat signal goes out I could still record OTA.

Whatever the announcement is they really want me there... I just got 3 more invites in my email. :D

Funny thing is I will be there so no reason for me to call in. :D

Whatever the announcement is they really want me there... I just got 3 more invites in my email. :D

Funny thing is I will be there so no reason for me to call in. :D

Good to be wanted.

Err - "appreciated."

Unless you really ARE a wanted man!

Maybe I'm just setting myself up for a disappointment, but I somehow suspect it'll be something more than OTA and/or seamless integration. They've managed to pull a surprise off now and then.

Maybe I'm just setting myself up for a disappointment, but I somehow suspect it'll be something more than OTA and/or seamless integration. They've managed to pull a surprise off now and then.

Lets just hope its some positive news and not more disputes and higher fees!So far its not off to a good start.

Maybe I'm just setting myself up for a disappointment, but I somehow suspect it'll be something more than OTA and/or seamless integration.

even seamless integration is mostly "missing functionality" rather than a "feature". When someone says "Whole Home DVR", most customers would expect to actually be able to watch everything over the whole home.

Almost makes me think this "feature" has to be something else, but I don't expect anything big.

Another guess:

1. An iOS/Android app that when your Hopper is connected to a wireless network, allows your tablet to act as a Joey.

Edit:

For a monthly fee of course.

theoak said:
Another guess:

1. An iOS/Android app that when your Hopper is connected to a wireless network, allows your tablet to act as a Joey.

Edit:

Hmmm. Interesting. I think they could do that.

Another guess:

Edit:

please no more fees since dish has enough fees :D :)

My guess. Hopper integration and, we also know 3 hoppers are allowed so what about a tri-node announcement.

If dish is smart which i doubt, they will announce that Googe tv will be part of hooper through a software update.

There's no Android build for the MIPS CPUs. Until that's done it ain't happening.

If you mean GTV integration that is a different kettle of fish.

Why is this a matter of smart and stupid ?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Another guess:

Edit:

I hope this is just poorly worded.

They just need to be on either the same IP network or have a route to one another.

That would be cool though.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)