Team Summit Press Event

Maybe I'm just setting myself up for a disappointment, but I somehow suspect it'll be something more than OTA and/or seamless integration.

I was thinking just the opposite. :( The last mystery announcement that Scott reported turned out to be so feeble... I can't even remember what it was!

There's no Android build for the MIPS CPUs.

IIRC the Pandigital Android tablets (available for around $60) feature a MIPS microprocessor, so that can't be right. Did you mean the Atom inside a Logitech Revue? That too most certainly is running Android. 3.1 on mine and 3.2 promised.

I was thinking just the opposite. :( The last mystery announcement that Scott reported turned out to be so feeble... I can't even remember what it was!
Just reposting what was sent to the media.

I am thinking they must have something if thousands of retailers are flying out to see it this week and they are calling in the press to see it as well. I guess we will find out in 2 days. :D

Thinking the same thing...It would be like Dish to hype a big announcement and it turn out to just be an announcement that you get two PPV coupons for upgrading to the Hopper. :blah:

(But it would be nice if it really is OTA related! :) )

IIRC the Pandigital Android tablets (available for around $60) feature a MIPS microprocessor, so that can't be right. Did you mean the Atom inside a Logitech Revue? That too most certainly is running Android. 3.1 on mine and 3.2 promised.

I stand corrected, there is Android running on mips CPU variants.

No, I don't mean the atom, which is an Intel CPU.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Just reposting what was sent to the media.

Yes, and I was not casting aspersions in your direction, but rather in Dish's direction. Earlier this year (?) they issued a mystery statement about something big, very similar to the one in your post #1. But it turned out to be rather modest, and I still can't remember what that last one was about.

I'm going to guess it's expanding PTAT to more than just the 4 networks. Allowing a DVR to record "10 or more" shows at a time sounds press-worthy.

I posted when the Hopper first was talked about that it's a no brainer to have other groups be able to record at once. Maybe?

I don't think it will be a more tuner Hopper as folks that have just got the current Hopper I would think would be pretty ticked; especially, with the Hopper really just being released.

Dual Hopper support seems more likely ... however ... with the nodes ... this was always known.

The announcement, more of these. Not sure how it ties in with Hopper though...

photobucket-16076-1336591895960.jpg

I don't like that idea, put me out of a job...

Not to mention that the unpredictable performance of Wireless in an environment that needs predictable performance is a recipe for tech support hell.

I'm not anti-wireless but I don't see this as being tenable for the content delivery. Broadband features though? Yeah.

Hmmmmm "Beverage?" ...... Like a Beverage antenna? for wireless.........

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts