**Team Summit Update**

Yes, Absolute HD package was taken away. I suspect it wasn't a widely subscribed to package though so only a small # of customers were impacted.

Yes, Absolute HD package was taken away. I suspect it wasn't a widely subscribed to package though so only a small # of customers were impacted.

Were they Grandfathered for awhile - subscribers when new subscribers could not?

Absolute HD wasn't even advertised that I'm aware of. It may have been created for VOOM subscribers that moved to Dish but I don't remember now.

Well if they take flex away, i wonder what our options will be, go down to welcome pack or pay more for at 120. I love the h3 but if it'll cost me more I'll try my teeth on sling tv/PlayStation Vue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Some people might, but I won't be one. I've tested nearly all the streamers with multiple channel offerings and they just are a PITA to use in comparison to the H3. If they drop the Flex pack I suspect it will get some grandfathering as most discontinued packages have over the years. When the grandfathering goes away I'll have to figure out what to keep going forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has Dish booted people off of an antiquated package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think as long as you continue to pay the bill you can keep it.

Don't pay your bill, upgrade equipment, do a dish mover they will take you off if it.

I had a lady on Dish pix which was pick 10 channels for $15.

She held onto that palace forever. She paid for lots of what should have been free upgrades and Dish movers to keep it.

Reactions: Tampa8 and pattykay
Thats the issue, the quality of your network.

In my tests playing with it, sometimes its great, and other times not so good... its not constant quality and that may upset some as they want the same quality all the time. For those folks keep paying extra for the Joey and you will be much happier.
I was curious about your test. Was it random quality? Receiver to Network via Wi-Fi and then Network to Amazon Fire via (Wi-Fi)? Distances from devices matter? Someone else streaming or the Hopper recording or playing something at the box?

Despite two floors, I have a very compact set-up now with everything stacked together. I could consider getting a Hopper 3 if the Fire option worked.

Yes it was random quality... Sometimes it was great, other time the quality would drop down for a few minutes then ramp back up again. I guess it depends on what the kids are doing online at the same time as well.

Reactions: Yespage
Yes it was random quality... Sometimes it was great, other time the quality would drop down for a few minutes then ramp back up again. I guess it depends on what the kids are doing online at the same time as well.
Is it uploading off site and then downloading back home? I could see the lag issue there.

Reactions: skihoodoo
Hopefully we will be grandfathered until the 2yr discount runs out.
In a way, I would like to see that, but on the other hand, I would like to see them substitute a higher-priced package for the same price. :D
I am just afraid that if we are grandfathered, then we will no longer be able to add and remove Channel Packs. :(

In a way, I would like to see that, but on the other hand, I would like to see them substitute a higher-priced package for the same price. :D
I am just afraid that if we are grandfathered, then we will no longer be able to add and remove Channel Packs. :(
You have a point, changes usually mean losing grandfathered status. I really don't want to go back to paying for sports & kids programming, waste of $ for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts