Tech Help needed!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bilodeaumj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
San Diego
Can anyone assist/advise? As of last night, I have completely lost Satellite signal. The strange thing is I still have OTA. My signal quality and strength is at "0" but I still get the main menu.

I am located in San Diego and we have had no major weather to speak of (besides a heat wave). I checked the cables running from the satellite and they (& the satellite) seem o.k. - plus I am getting OTA stations.

I have called CS but they can't get anyone out until late Friday. To facilitate the repair does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

The key (me thinks) is that since I do have OTA and a menu I don't think it's the reciever (plus it's happening as well on my second STV). Could it me that little box (LNB???) at the tip of the satellite dish? I was installed with a di-plexor. Could a cable have fallen out somewhere along the line (or at the dish) that I missed?

Any suggestions? (TNX in advance!)

Sean Mota said:
Did you unplug/plug the receiver? Try that...

Yes. I did the unplug (on both recievers) but to no avail. Is the LNB hot? I have an aversion to getting electrocuted. My problem has to be with the LNB (I hope)...MJB

Fixed it - Thanks!

And the answer was...

It was the Di-Plexer next to the dish. It seems to be a bit chincy and after "banging" it around a bit, it finally kicked in the signal. I'm still keeping my tech call so hopefully they'll get rid of the diplexer as a whole. Thanks for the help! MJB

Bilodeaumj said:
And the answer was...

It was the Di-Plexer next to the dish. It seems to be a bit chincy and after "banging" it around a bit, it finally kicked in the signal. I'm still keeping my tech call so hopefully they'll get rid of the diplexer as a whole. Thanks for the help! MJB

One more reason not to use the diplexer...

Just replace it with a good pair that cost around $25, none of the $5 each kind which Voom appears to use. I've been using diplexers for 3 1/2 years now with Dish and now with VOOM and I've tested signal strength and quality with and without and there is no difference.

DarrellP,

I meant the diplexer that VOOM is using. I am sure others work. But the one VOOM is using is creating problems.

Anyone using the RCA diplexor from Radio Shack? I might go ahead and replace my bad diplexor myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)