Tech Question- AT9 Dish w/ WNC- FW9 & FW2 sidecar lnb's/cascading multiswitch? - have researched & a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bubbles35055

Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Cullman, AL
I've done a descent amount of research on the following issue yet the more I research the more confused I get, am hoping that someone here will be able to help me out. While I also realize that there are many very similar questions that have been posted in these forums I've yet to find one with my specs. For starters I have an AT9 dish with 3 lnb's: WNC- FW9 & FW2 on the sidecar with four output cables coming directly out of the dish/lnb arm. As of now I have 2 HD DVR's and one SD Tivo DVR, only one of the DVRs is hooked up utilizing it's dual tuner. What I'd like to do is utilize the dual tuners in all 3 DVRs meaning I would need a total of 6 output lines, this is where the confusion has come into play- I've read in some forums that the 3 lnb setups all have a built in multiswitch and that to get more than 4 lines out I would either for one be SOL or I could use a cascading multiswitch? I've also read some that claim a regular multiswitch will work and others say that not even a cascading multiswitch will work, although none of what I've read has been in relation to my exact setup (if that makes much difference?) Any insight into exactly what I would need to do to accomplish this: running 2 HD dual tuner receivers and one SD dual tuner receiver or getting a total of 6 lines out and into the house with my setup would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time and help, J. Clarke

Not a big deal - all you need is a WB68 multiswitch & you need to run all 4 lines from your dish into it. (this is the ONLY 8-output switch compatible with this setup!) This will now give you 8 outputs.
THEN, you connect all the coax's from your existing receivers to the outputs on the switch. Of course, you'll have to run a 2nd coax from the switch to each receiver that now only have a single coax & you're all set.
You'll need to rerun the dish setup on the receivers that now only have a single coax.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)