Technician questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrock21

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
I had 2 hr20's installed yesterday. While the tech was here, I asked him a few questions. Do you enjoy what you do? How long have you been doing this? and so on. He said he works for a local dish company and is sub contracted by D*. He also said during the summer months he makes $2,500 to $3,000 per week because he is paid "by the job". Are there any techs out there? Do you make this kind of money?

I am on the way out,

I like the work and have been doing it for several years. There was a time when I made $2000.00 a week. Those days are gone. DTV is doing the work through their own HSP network and I am just tired of having to go to court (twice) to get paid.

Of the companies I have worked for over the past five years.Three paid every penny on time without issue but two are no longer doing DTV work. Of the other three, two just left the state owing me money, one paid what he could and went out of business. I have a judgment against
one. I just turned down a deceptive plan to work for another HSP company.

It was nice for awhile.

Joe

I typically make somewhere between 1000 and 1500 a week as an HSP subcontractor. If I really worked overtime and ignored any sort of quality in my work, and activated all my receivers with teh IVR ( this would cause customers problems) then I could probably make $2500.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts