TechTV back from the dead?

Beachbum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
PBCH, FL
TechTV back from the dead? LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I am proud to announce that TechTV, the cable television channel that we know and USED to love might just be making a comeback. In an 'Aliens' sort of revival, a year and a half after they were pwnd 'merged', might be popping out on top of G4. For starters they are bringing back "Call for Help" with Leo Leporte. First seen on KevinRose.com which is a blog written by, yup you guessed it Kevin Rose, the next move is that the G4 Founder and CEO who engineered the dumbass move 'merger' has been FIRED! released. There are so many blogs and IRC channels that are DEDICATED to bringing back TechTV that it surprises me that the suits over at G4 took this long to get the message.
http://www.room362.com/archives/40-TechTV-back-from-the-dead.html

There is news all over about this, do a google search if you want more information.

I don't know if this has been said before. Basically G4's CEO Charles Hirschhorn has been "released". Which is good news. There is talk about stupid shows being canceled, and maybe even perhaps The Screen Savers coming back to life!

Call for help is a shadow of what it used to be...

Who's gonna host TSS? I loved TSS but I actually like AOTS.

I agree there's crap on g4 that needs to go, but you've gotta realize that if they bring back old techtv shows like fresh gear they aren't going to have the same cast. It'll be new people and you may not like it...

Purogamer said:
Call for help is a shadow of what it used to be...

Who's gonna host TSS? I loved TSS but I actually like AOTS.

I agree there's crap on g4 that needs to go, but you've gotta realize that if they bring back old techtv shows like fresh gear they aren't going to have the same cast. It'll be new people and you may not like it...
I hate AOTS TSS died almos teh same week they moved it from SF... and the cant bring back the utilikilt master because he wont leave SF.

I also HATE ATOS, just not my cup of tea.
It would be great to have some of the old shows back. I know Call For Help isn't what it used to be. I don't know what they would do with that show.
Many of our favorites seem to have moved on. Both Patrick Norton and "Yoshi" have since gotten married. Its hard to say some of the old people will come back. We may have to deal with new people, which is fine. At the least i'd like some old favorites, like Leo or it wouldn't be anywhere near the same. Its like a soap opera.

I also think that they would have to bring back at least part of the old cast to make it what it used to be.

Even leo isn't the same. Watch call for help, he seems like he's not as smart, he doesn't seem to hear everything the callers say...It's kind of sad, I love leo but the guy just seems to have lost a step somewhere...

The current form of AOTS is leaps and bounds better than the first or second version, and much better than the TSS after the move. It's now fun again. I think if people who hated the crap before would sit and give it a chance, they may like it

They're currently doing an "MMOregon Trail" bit, where the audience decides what they choose while playing "oregon trail" on a freaking apple II. So they're like out of food and water and the audience votes to "keep going on the trial" and then one of the crew members dies, it's great stuff...

DVDuesday is great for covering the new dvd releases, etc...It's good again.

I just don't think if they brought back the old shows with new casts that it would work, and I don't think the old cast is interested because if they were why would have come in the first place. I really can't imagine Martin Sargeant giving them another chance, I think the fresh gear guys have new jobs (how i miss stephanie siemiller...), etc...

I just want g4 to realize that a bunch of shows, about the same thing, is overkill and some variety wouldn't kill us. And by variety I don't mean the stupid car shows that nobody cares about...

Perhaps Leo does not seem himself due to the fact that the station in Canada expect him to act a specific way on the show and that it was just not the same as it used to be with the old cast.

jeffwtux said:
Does Echostar still own TechTV?

They were never the majority owner. When Paul Allen sold noput to Comcast they retained a small piece.

Stargazer said:
Perhaps Leo does not seem himself due to the fact that the station in Canada expect him to act a specific way on the show and that it was just not the same as it used to be with the old cast.
That and he isn't wearing funky shirts like he used to (at least the shows I have seen).

Neal

He had on a funky one yesterday...

Leo was taking a call about an HDD problem, and asked the caller about how he partitioned it. The caller clearly said he partiyon-magic'ed the drive (partition magic being software, here used as a verb...) and leo totally missed it. Guy even said it again but leo was just waiting for him to stop talking to get his line in. He wasn't even listening, I was disappointed. It's not the first time. I've loved Call for help since it was on zdtv but this isn't the same show and isn't the same host...It's like canada has messed him up mentally, like he's not as sharp...

I used to watch techtv all the time, but since they changed to all this new stuff I don't watch that channel anymore.If they bring back some of the good shows I will watch again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)