TEGNA Blacks Out DISH Customers in 38 Markets

Yes, I've been using OTA for years. I've had the 50' tower setup with 2 antennae since '96. We got a legacy DISH box at the same time (no OTA integration at that time, of course.) We've gone through several iterations of DISH box upgrades over the years and currently have a HWS. We've never had an issue with OTA with this setup.

When my parents moved out here a couple years ago, they got a 622, but no OTA. I encouraged them to consider an antenna, but they declined. This still doesn't make me happy that he won't have the game on.
Maybe the signal can be captured in your area now. Rabbit ears have gotten better, digital signal is the norm now since 1996, and maybe there is a repeater antenna setup in your area now. Just thinking of some ideas for your dad.

As a result of this I was thinking of ordering the Hopper OTA Module from the dish accessories site. Does anyone know what the difference between standard shipping (free) and expedited shipping ($20) is from dish? What kind of time frame is involved for each?

Yeah, he's not gonna watch it on anything other than his (82") TV.
Well assuming you have somewhat fast internet, then that's easy with a chromecast. I watched most of the games the last 2 weeks on my 65in via watchespn app with chromecast as I didn't have my dish up yet while moving into new house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Well, NBC out of Seattle (on KING) is off-the-air now...so I'll be trying to figure out how to stream Sunday Night Football for tomorrow night... Can't get any Seattle stations via antenna from here due to a big hill to the north/east... I get so tired of these blackouts over money...

Pittsburgh area not affected by this. Glad I got the OTA Module. Who knows, it may happen here someday.

Also when it rains it's great to have when the Dish goes out. I get many OTA Channels on my 20 year old antenna.

They should of just put a OTA Tuner in the Hopper. Hopefully they'll put one in the new Hopper.

Reactions: charlesrshell
WCNC Charlotte part of the removed channels.Good thing is we watch nothing on NBC.I can get SNF online,so poop on em.

Reactions: yomama
NBC is out in my area, but I have an antenna in the attic. But it's not like I watch their crappy channel anyway, they can keep it.

They should be happy anyone watches their channel, it's a dying medium and I am fine tuning to another channel - I rarely watch network programming and I am not at all happy paying retrans fees for something that is available OTA. The FCC granted them the license for those airwaves, and I don't see a value in paying for a retransmission of it. I am further offended by the sensationally written notice on their website - it's like something from the National Enquirer. I am not interested in watching one program they list there - they can stick it.

What number do I call KPNX at so I can tell them to keep their channel off my DISH?

Edit: So I submitted a response through the above contact form about how I could care less if their channel comes back on, and they email me this crap back! I'm perfectly happy with this situation and I am taking DISH's side (even though they have a "troubling" record of dropping crap stations like KPNX)...still not sure why DISH is all in caps (do we refer to all companies by their ticker symbol?) but I'll go with it and side with DISH for not overpaying to rebroadcast crap stations like KPNX. They even say one of the options for getting their lousy programming is FREE OTA and they are faulting DISH for not wanting to pay for this crap? Unbelievable.

DISH is actually the appropriate way to spell it, compared to Dish, considering DISH is actually an acronym.
Digital Information Sky Highway is what is stands for. Similar to SCUBA, which most people just assume Scuba is the right word.

DISH is actually the appropriate way to spell it, compared to Dish, considering DISH is actually an acronym.
Digital Information Sky Highway is what is stands for. Similar to SCUBA, which most people just assume Scuba is the right word.

I did not know DISH was an acronym. Learn something every day!

When did DISH start including the locals with all packages? I know there was a time when it was optional. Since many of us can use an antenna or have lost interest in the major broadcasters it would certainly be a viable option

Reactions: yomama
When did DISH start including the locals with all packages? I know there was a time when it was optional. Since many of us can use an antenna or have lost interest in the major broadcasters it would certainly be a viable option
February 1st 2012

As a result of this I was thinking of ordering the Hopper OTA Module from the dish accessories site. Does anyone know what the difference between standard shipping (free) and expedited shipping ($20) is from dish? What kind of time frame is involved for each?

Call customer service 1st. They may give you 1 for the inconvenience this caused. You never know until you try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)